• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

VPN

jack_lord

Alan Waddle
Reaction score
As is it time to renew for me and black firiday - any recommends for a new VPN. I have had IPVanish for the last couple of years but other apps on firestick seems to know I'm using a vpn and won't run.

NordVPN, always good cash back via Quidco or TopCashBack - massively reduces the cost.

Excellent product.

I've had express and surfshank.
Nord VPN is by far better than those two.

CurtessECarr said:
I've had express and surfshank.
Nord VPN is by far better than those two.

Interesting, I have ExpressVPN. Never used Nord but out of interest, what makes it better?

Libertarian said:
Interesting, I have ExpressVPN. Never used Nord but out of interest, what makes it better?

Was finding with express I had to chop and change countries to get good download speeds.
With Nord I leave it on Netherlands and rarely had to move it to another country.
Why Netherlands you may ask? I was informed by a tecky geek to use it and find it very reliable.

CurtessECarr said:
Was finding with express I had to chop and change countries to get good download speeds.
With Nord I leave it on Netherlands and rarely had to move it to another country.
Why Netherlands you may ask? I was informed by a tecky geek to use it and find it very reliable.

Cheers. I also tend to use NL with ExpressVPN. Haven’t had many issues tbh.

CurtessECarr said:

It's best you pick a country as close to your location as possible, Belgium, Holland, France always good to use these. It's all to do with the distance and reduction of speed over distance.

Pointless picking USA, Australia etc.

Yes, 110% of cost

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231121-220135~2.png
    70.2 KB · Views: 240
  • Screenshot_20231121-220155~2.png
    180.1 KB · Views: 240
Libertarian said:
Cheers. I also tend to use NL with ExpressVPN. Haven’t had many issues tbh.

I've always used NL with Express too without any problems unless it's a dark markets only transmission which sometimes includes Malta so I just pop over there for a few hours :lol:

Have used both PIA and Nord over the years. Both much of a muchness, although Nord does have the annoying habit of logging me out completely every so often.

NordVPN (well, I'm blaming it, though maybe it was user error) suddenly stopped working for Ifollow (which was all I used it for). So I binned it off.

Looks like the main and popular is choice is Nord or express though good reviews online for a cheaper surfshark. I have even had a "dodgy" ebay purchase of IPVanish in the past and cost £5 for the year. It has worked when I wanted but time to look at the better options. My daughter also reckons she can get flights cheaper on skyscanner if I use a vpn to change our country.