• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

VAR

Blackpooljack

Alan Waddle
Reaction score
two Championship clubs in the FA Cup and VAR in operation how does that work esp after what happened with us against City a few seasons ago.

If it's at PL grounds they can use it?

It's bollocks isn't it. Stirling would have been shown to dive yet again and Aguero offside, plus a second penalty for James to go 3-0. Bastard robbery that day.

Edit - sorry habve they got VAR at SU?? Bigger robbery!!

monmouth said:
If it's at PL grounds they can use it?

It's bollocks isn't it. Stirling would have been shown to dive yet again and Aguero offside, plus a second penalty for James to go 3-0. Bastard robbery that day.

Edit - sorry habve they got VAR at SU?? Bigger robbery!!

I will never forgive that game.
We were unfairly done out of a famous win

Didn’t we actually already have the VAR stuff set up during the game as well, because we had it all installed the year before when we were in the Prem.

JackFish said:
Didn’t we actually already have the VAR stuff set up during the game as well, because we had it all installed the year before when we were in the Prem.
I think we were the first to trial it in the Uk for an u23s match!!!

JackFish said:

correct var is installed in stadium and was available to use game was also live on tv should have been used don't see what difference makes if in prem or championship

Swansdc11 said:
correct var is installed in stadium and was available to use game was also live on tv should have been used don't see what difference makes if in prem or championship

I watched that game in a pub in West London the night before flying to Oz; I seethed for the whole flight. More pertinent for me was the fact that the other 3 quarter finals in that competition all benefitted from VAR but our game didn't. We had the system but it wasn't used because we weren't a PL club. That in itself was completely unfair.

I recall Guardiola apologised after the game as he'd seen both Sterling and Aguero incidents. That was the game that confirmed my complete and utter dislike of Man City.

It's used at every game in the Cup from the Quarter Finals onwards, no matter what grounds the games are at.

Which is complete bollocks of course, but what else is new?

JackSomething said:
It's used at every game in the Cup from the Quarter Finals onwards, no matter what grounds the games are at.

Which is complete bollocks of course, but what else is new?

I'm sure that our game had a significant part to play in that decision

2024/2025 fixture list release

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back