• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Typical tory policy?

jack_lord

Alan Waddle
Reaction score
Lifetime Pension pot amount increased before being taxed at a higher rate.

So how many of us plebs have got over a million in our pots.

jack_lord said:
Lifetime Pension pot amount increased before being taxed at a higher rate.

So how many of us plebs have got over a million in our pots.

We're taxed on everything we earn, everything we buy and pensions, is it worth having a pension instead of just having savings ?

This one makes sense in terms of encouraging us oldies to keep working.

You'd be surprised how many hit that buffer, as it's a pension of around 35-45k not including lump sums. Not that I'm arguing that they aren't relatively well off. The tax is swingeing at 55% over the limit which hasn't moved with increased inflation.

I don't think this is the worst thing they have done or will do. It's time the CEOs and Billionaires were hit with proper progressive wealth and income taxes. Sadly that won't happen under any party. Instead, we will be divided to fight amongst ourselves while they all laugh their tits off.

I read elsewhere it’s likely to impact on something like 4% of the workforce, however the concern is that the group affected includes a lot of doctors and consultants. Call me a cynic, but I suspect MP’s will be pretty close to the threshold too.

MajorR said:
I read elsewhere it’s likely to impact on something like 4% of the workforce, however the concern is that the group affected includes a lot of doctors and consultants. Call me a cynic, but I suspect MP’s will be pretty close to the threshold too.

That surprises me (the 4% bit. The MPs and a fair few civil servants on defined benefits will be there or getting there).

monmouth said:
That surprises me (the 4% bit. The MPs and a fair few civil servants on defined benefits will be there or getting there).

Also, the average pension pot in the UK is something like £107000. Probably buys about £4000 a year on top of the £9500 state pension. I understand that the government may have to focus on keeping people in the workforce but someone has to contribute 30 grand a year for 35 years (at 0 growth) to get a pension pot that big. My suspicious bones tell me this is looking after a group of voters.

For those affected it strikes me that they will be able to put more away whilst working because they can afford it and that makes them more likely to retire earlier not later.

Maybe I don’t understand it?

Well that turned out to be seriously excessive after all.

jack_lord said:
Also, the average pension pot in the UK is something like £107000. Probably buys about £4000 a year on top of the £9500 state pension. I understand that the government may have to focus on keeping people in the workforce but someone has to contribute 30 grand a year for 35 years (at 0 growth) to get a pension pot that big. My suspicious bones tell me this is looking after a group of voters.

The fukers making the older workers stay in work after they've worked 30/40 yrs or even longer, that Germ Chunt tried to make a joke about him going back into work to try and justify the decision, older workers have paid enough into the treasury as it is, they've just spent the last 13/14 yrs wasting that money or giving it away, we send far to much money to other countries.

I notice that fukall has been said about care workers or carers, a carer caring for a loved one at home gets 68quid a week and if they work they can't work more than 16hrs a week, if they earn a bit extra they got to declare that or get jumped on, my lad is 24/7 care and I'd love to speak to the chunt about the justification in paying carers 68 quid a week for the kind of care people like my lad requires.

Carers in general are very poorly paid for the work they do, they are incredible people, its obviously a vocation for them, because they could earn better money by working in other sectors.

2024/2025 fixture list release

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back