• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Top Scorers and recruitment

bakajack

Alan Curtis
Reaction score
Its insane to think that 2 of the top 4 scorers in the Championship this season are players who are playing for sides desperately scrapping to stay out of the relegation places. Even more absurd that one of them is a midfielder and the other is a striker that we let go for peanuts in the summer because of the horrific mismanagement of the player by both the board and RM.

Whittaker is English, only 23 years old and has racked up 19 goals and 8 assists in the Championship plus another 1 goal and 1 assist in 3 cup appearances. While I have no doubt that we will have a sell on clause it will be a fraction of what we could have earned if everyone above him at a club level hadn't seemed determined to shaft him at every turn. He told Duff straight up he wanted out as soon as he met him and frankly I can't blame him one bit.

We took a punt on Yates and Kukharevych this summer and for various reasons neither one has worked out. For Yates his style of play is simply a bad mix with how Williams wants us to play and as for Kukharevych? Well his continued uninvolvement is one of this season's big mysteries and is certainly one that needs solving.

So in a nutshell due to shocking mismanagement we have let a 20+ million pound asset go for a bargain basement price of 1 million and spent about 5 times that on two new strikers who have a combined total of 10 goals between them with one of those players only seeing less than an hour of total playing time on the pitch.

We’ve got one player in the top 30 for assists (Pato-joint 27th) and one player in the top 30 for goals (Lowe - 28th).
I believe that Williams will take us forward and be a success but we’ve got to sort out the recruitment. There’s no room for error any more.

I reckon if Whittaker stayed with us he wouldn’t have got near that amount of goals/assists this season.

He’s at a different environment now which suits him and a style that suits him

We’ve got one player in the top 30 for assists (Pato-joint 27th) and one player in the top 30 for goals (Lowe - 28th).
I believe that Williams will take us forward and be a success but we’ve got to sort out the recruitment. There’s no room for error any more.
Don't know where the money is gonna come from to be able to spend on probably the three/four decent players that we need, plus we've got to replace Rushworth, who looks certain to go back to Arsenal.

Don't know where the money is gonna come from to be able to spend on probably the three/four decent players that we need, plus we've got to replace Rushworth, who looks certain to go back to Arsenal.
You mean back to Brighton?
But yes especially as it seems that LW doesn't rate Fisher at all.

Need about 4 new signings and Ginnelly back.. and if we start with the fish I'm handing my season ticket back

Start of Euro 2024

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back