• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Time for another Wine Thread

Niigata Jack

Roger Freestone
Reaction score
For all who buy their wines at ALDI and Lidl's, what do you recommend in Red's and Whites?

We usually buy from Tesco or Morrisons, usually from the Yellow Tail range, Shiraz, Merlot, Malbec etc, tried a Dark Horse Malbec last week very nice, Tesco's Finest range seems to have stopped its not been on their shelves for a good while, Apothic have produced a Merlot now, that's very nice.

Come on all you Wine Bods :cool:

These are both Lidl, Max. Under seven quid a bottle and both perfectly drinkable. I try and keep a few of each in the rack.

Attachments

• C7250F03-75ED-4CCE-8969-CF8638FC9291.jpeg
    C7250F03-75ED-4CCE-8969-CF8638FC9291.jpeg
    453.3 KB · Views: 7
If you want something a bit more “upmarket”, Tescos finest was 25% off six the other day (not sure why Swansea wouldn’t have any finest? Loads here.) The Rioja (reserve or, better, gran reserve) is very decent for the price with 25% off. It’s from Baron de Ley. High quality vineyard, that one.

Aldi no idea. Lidl’s Barolo is shite.

Don't know where you'd find it there but almost any Ribera del Duero is normally smooth and more than acceptable

If you want something a bit more “upmarket”, Tescos finest was 25% off six the other day (not sure why Swansea wouldn’t have any finest? Loads here.) The Rioja (reserve or, better, gran reserve) is very decent for the price with 25% off. It’s from Baron de Ley. High quality vineyard, that one.

Aldi no idea. Lidl’s Barolo is shite.
The 25% off offer is still running.

Day off tomorrow so I’m having a Piccini Memoro this evening. It’s one of our regulars and I usually buy a dozen when it’s 25% off in Tesco. It’s about the best I’ve tried for sub £9.

Day off tomorrow so I’m having a Piccini Memoro this evening. It’s one of our regulars and I usually buy a dozen when it’s 25% off in Tesco. It’s about the best I’ve tried for sub £9.
What is that a shiraz, merlot of malbec etc those are the three we mostly drink and the apothic

Swansea City v Millwall

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back