• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

The Swansea way...

It isn’t a complete mystery whatsoever. It’s clear as day.

Martin’s Plan A insisted on wide players tucking back in to retain possession and not risk losing the ball with exciting, attacking adventure.

Obsession with possession dictated a congested, fat middle where dominance of the ball would hopefully squeeze out an opening - bonkers and boring as heck.

Duff was on a mission to reverse that culture, as is Luke, thank the heck.
Obsession hey 🤔

It isn’t a complete mystery whatsoever. It’s clear as day.

Martin’s Plan A insisted on wide players tucking back in to retain possession and not risk losing the ball with exciting, attacking adventure.

Obsession with possession dictated a congested, fat middle where dominance of the ball would hopefully squeeze out an opening - bonkers and boring as heck.

Duff was on a mission to reverse that culture, as is Luke, thank the heck.
You're not seriously suggesting Duff did anything but inflict massive harm during his time here, surely?

Absolutely this…both today and Plymouth were enjoyable watches - you could see what we were trying and on the most part, doing it well…

… I just hope that people don’t jump on him and the team’s backs again if the inevitable happens on Tuesday night.

This went well... I see that pretty much everyone saying how shit we are again and we're doomed for a relegation battle.

We'll compete with most teams outside the Top 3 (who are in a different league).

This went well... I see that pretty much everyone saying how shit we are again and we're doomed for a relegation battle.

We'll compete with most teams outside the Top 3 (who are in a different league).

I don't subscribe to the up and down method of winning a game and assuming we are turning the corner any more than I would assume we will never win again after a result like last night

The one thing I would say though is that in recent weeks against anyone who is half decent we have shown a lack of passion, fight or desire to even try and compete. Those games call out for a strong start, make the opposition aware that we are in amongst them and don't make it easy. We failed on doing any of those things in any of those games. Southampton, Bournemouth and Leeds were out of sight before the pre-match coffees were close and Leicester should have been as well.

You are right they are better than us (by some distance) but we don't need to make it so easy for them.

I don't subscribe to the up and down method of winning a game and assuming we are turning the corner any more than I would assume we will never win again after a result like last night

The one thing I would say though is that in recent weeks against anyone who is half decent we have shown a lack of passion, fight or desire to even try and compete. Those games call out for a strong start, make the opposition aware that we are in amongst them and don't make it easy. We failed on doing any of those things in any of those games. Southampton, Bournemouth and Leeds were out of sight before the pre-match coffees were close and Leicester should have been as well.

You are right they are better than us (by some distance) but we don't need to make it so easy for them.

So true. People have short memories.

When we came into the Championship and were finding our feet under Roberto and Sousa, West Brom, Birmingham and Wolves (to pick just three) all had very strong sides at that time and ended up back in the PL, but we always ran them very close, even in defeat.

What we've seen in recent weeks is the white flag being raised at kick off and it's unacceptable.

100% Phil.

One of the reasons games like last night's are so frustrating is because the same players have proven themselves capable of playing so much better and putting in far more effort. They haven't become donkeys overnight.

Having said that, seeing Fulton and Grimes together on the teamsheet and Wood anywhere near it makes me worried about Williams' decision-making. Also I would love Yates to prove me wrong but he does seem to be a bottler. In what world does it make sense to bring him on for Cullen when we are three goals down?

100% Phil.

One of the reasons games like last night's are so frustrating is because the same players have proven themselves capable of playing so much better and putting in far more effort. They haven't become donkeys overnight.

Having said that, seeing Fulton and Grimes together on the teamsheet and Wood anywhere near it makes me worried about Williams' decision-making. Also I would love Yates to prove me wrong but he does seem to be a bottler. In what world does it make sense to bring him on for Cullen when we are three goals down?
Especially when Paterson - who's undoubtedly already got his next deal here or elsewhere lined up which is why he's reverted to type - has had a mare.

I feel that Williams is naive in his approach to playing teams clearly better than us - to play such a high defence line and be so open against such quick and potent attack is lunacy.

Sometimes against the top teams we need to change tack and keep it tighter and be difficult to break down and beat.

100% Phil.

Agree with Fulton, I don't know what's up with Patino but I'm assuming Joe Allen isn't fit enough to play 90 minutes yet. Either way we need someone in there who's got at least some footballing ability, because Fulton isn't even doing what he's supposed to be good at at the moment. With Wood we've got a whole load of defenders out injured at the moment including Darling, and Humphreys had to play right back last night, so not too sure what else we can do there at the moment.

You're right.

With that level of perspective, insight and clarity of vision they'll be promoting you to Camera 1 in no time.

We've played the top teams with top budgets and some top managers in Maresca, Farke and Mowbray and learned some proper lessons. We applied those learnings and played Hull off the park.

Looking forward to playing the other Championship teams and enjoying similarly progressive, expansive and entertaining 'Swansea Way' football.

You're right.

With that level of perspective, insight and clarity of vision they'll be promoting you to Camera 1 in no time.

We've played the top teams with top budgets and some top managers in Maresca, Farke and Mowbray and learned some proper lessons. We applied those learnings and played Hull off the park.

Looking forward to playing the other Championship teams and enjoying similarly progressive, expansive and entertaining 'Swansea Way' football.

I’m camera 1 (and 2, 3 & 4) at Newport on Saturday 😘

Agree with Fulton, I don't know what's up with Patino but I'm assuming Joe Allen isn't fit enough to play 90 minutes yet. Either way we need someone in there who's got at least some footballing ability, because Fulton isn't even doing what he's supposed to be good at at the moment. With Wood we've got a whole load of defenders out injured at the moment including Darling, and Humphreys had to play right back last night, so not too sure what else we can do there at the moment.
Yet😂 those days are gone mate

Tom Butler mentined before Scott Sinclair, heavens above.
Butler played a lot more games for us than Sinclair who buggered off at the first sniff of interest. Anderson was really the one used by Martinez as a pivot in the L2 winning team-until he got injured and lost in a forest. That team I see as the one that really developed the modern Swansea style.

Butler played a lot more games for us than Sinclair who buggered off at the first sniff of interest. Anderson was really the one used by Martinez as a pivot in the L2 winning team-until he got injured and lost in a forest. That team I see as the one that really developed the modern Swansea style.
And despite a one season cameo for Celtic (second season he was rotten) SS's career went down the plughole sharpish...

2024/2025 fixture list release

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back