• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

The Rooney / Vardy Case

monmouth said:
Uxy said:
I'd received a blow by blow of the case from my better half so I'd heard about the accidental phone dropping into the North Sea during the case being heard. Absolutely bonkers Vardy initiated it. Could never have ended any other way.

Thing is, it could have Ux, that’s the barking thing. In UK law, unlike the US, Rooney had to prove it was done by Vardy or at her instigation. Vardy did not have to prove she didn’t. Vardy was favourite even with the phone dropping and deletions. Rarely has someone so stupid entered a witness box on their own behalf.

Isn't it still on the balance of probabilities as it's a civil case?

I just couldn't see how could have given a different judgement, given what happened during the evidence, but you're right anything could have happened.

Uxy said:
monmouth said:
Thing is, it could have Ux, that’s the barking thing. In UK law, unlike the US, Rooney had to prove it was done by Vardy or at her instigation. Vardy did not have to prove she didn’t. Vardy was favourite even with the phone dropping and deletions. Rarely has someone so stupid entered a witness box on their own behalf.

Isn't it still on the balance of probabilities as it's a civil case?

I just couldn't see how could have given a different judgement, given what happened during the evidence, but you're right anything could have happened.

Yeah, think so. Rooney had to prove, on the balance of probabilities that Vardy (not someone with access to Vardy’s account) had personally leaked this specific event. Knowing that she had, and that she had documented history, and lots of damning messages to dispose of, it was stupid, but without the newspaper revealing their sources she probably thought she could blag it and blame the agent.

Oh ffs.

https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2022/jul/31/wagatha-christie-big-budget-drama-joins-race-to-bring-libel-trial-to-screen

Darran said:
Oh ffs.

https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2022/jul/31/wagatha-christie-big-budget-drama-joins-race-to-bring-libel-trial-to-screen

Not surprised are you, they got to recoup the money they've both wasted somehow, got also be that this was the plan all along, attention seeking at its finest.

You ought to get in touch with them, with all your experience in the attention seeking stakes :lol: :lol: :lol:

Niigata Jack said:
Darran said:
Oh ffs.

Not surprised are you, they got to recoup the money they've both wasted somehow, got also be that this was the plan all along, attention seeking at its finest.

You ought to get in touch with them, with all your experience in the attention seeking stakes :lol: :lol: :lol:

I’m not sure Colleen has wasted any money has she?

Darran said:
Niigata Jack said:

I’m not sure Colleen has wasted any money has she?

On legal fees I expect unless she was awarded all her costs.

Darran said:
Niigata Jack said:
On legal fees I expect unless she was awarded all her costs.

Well the other bint took Col to court mun.

Well, I bow to your superior knowledge on the case, you've obviously taken a keen interest in the case, to be expected though with you being a nosey twat :lol:

TheLoneRanger said:
Expensive fvck up. 😳

https://twitter.com/dailystar/status/1577293120701710337?s=20&t=fTL_WEf8KWJFGz6SUeMnDA

Well, that should help them out with their heating bills through the coming winter.

Some personal issues between these two wannabe celebs should have been finalised in confidence .

Obviously taking the case to the media hightens their chances of appearing on some awful reality TV show in the future , blabbering on about being upset by this trial, great PR by their agents there .

Wayne Rooney looked like he had eaten a few too many pies in the News report earler too .

Robbie said:
Some personal issues between these two wannabe celebs should have been finalised in confidence .

Obviously taking the case to the media hightens their chances of appearing on some awful reality TV show in the future , blabbering on about being upset by this trial, great PR by their agents there .

Wayne Rooney looked like he had eaten a few too many pies in the News report earler too .
Wayne was always a chunky lad, wasn't he? I suppose training, playing and consorting with pensionistas (alegedly) kept it in check. Not so much now.

2024/2025 fixture list release

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back