• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

The loan players and social media

PSumbler

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Let's be fair here all the "thanks for everything @swansofficial" and "once a jack always a jack" balls that these premier league loan players are spouting and then people queuing up to say "thanks you were great and all the best"

Ashby
Patino
Humphreys

All vastly overrated players who seemingly have egos to match

Rushworth was the complete opposite but the first three offered nothing to us

No need to fawn over them, none of them are Premier League players at this stage of their career and didn't see anything in the three of them to suggest they could be

That's a somewhat jaundiced view of these young men who are all trying to make their way in the game, and who all did their best for us, whether they were ultimately effective or not.
For what it's worth, Humphries and to a lesser extent Patino, both showed they have something about them and will go on to be class players. Ashby I'm not so sure, but he was unlucky with injury too.
Good luck to all of them.

That's a somewhat jaundiced view of these young men who are all trying to make their way in the game, and who all did their best for us, whether they were ultimately effective or not.
For what it's worth, Humphries and to a lesser extent Patino, both showed they have something about them and will go on to be class players. Ashby I'm not so sure, but he was unlucky with injury too.
Good luck to all of them.
Fair comeback but in both Humphreys and Patino I saw nothing more than an average Championship player at best.

Maybe they are better than that but we certainly didnt see it and I am still mystified by Williams' decision to start the two of them against Millwall.

Not wishing them any bad luck at all, I hope they all make it but in my view they didnt add much to our squad (certainly not to the level that we expected by the pre-signing write ups)

This is social media but we don't know what went on in the background.
They might have been treated well inside the corridors and in general by the fans they encountered.
Not a fan of social media in the last few years, I think people are too quick to try and make out things are rosey and want everyone to hear about it.......its a bragging tool for insecurity so it could just be that or they generally liked it here.
We likely will never know......chances are fans who thanked them will be booing them down the line.

Maybe I'm just grumpy 🤣
That makes me grumpy2.

Nothing against them at all, but didn't see much that hinted at a top level career.

They are of course at the start of their career so maybe will kick on, and good luck to them.

I would have preferred to give our youngsters a chance but of course we do have a transfer window to contend with.

The final game selection was slightly baffling unless it was down to a financial penalty due to the number of games played?

Patino has merely thanked the Swans and wished the club all the best next season.

It’s not the crime of the century.

Fair comeback but in both Humphreys and Patino I saw nothing more than an average Championship player at best.

Maybe they are better than that but we certainly didnt see it and I am still mystified by Williams' decision to start the two of them against Millwall.

Not wishing them any bad luck at all, I hope they all make it but in my view they didnt add much to our squad (certainly not to the level that we expected by the pre-signing write ups)
I didn’t see the hype in Patino but what do we know?

Arsenal rate him and Juventus are chasing him - you don’t attract attention of these clubs if you don’t have something about you

Ashby was dogshit. I hope he’s never a Jack again.

I think Humph has potential. Patino, who knows. He needed a run of games for us to see, but I’d be horrified if we bought him for a million, so God knows what Juve are thinking.

Maybe I'm just grumpy 🤣
Nah, I don't think you're being grumpy.

All three of them contributed very little over the course of the season, most of the time they all looked like they didn't want to be there.

From January onwards, probably their main concern was just avoiding serious injury in the remaining games.

As a club, the powers that be still haven't woken up to the fact that 90% of the time we're scamming ourselves with these PL loans. They come here on comparatively high wages - if they do well, then inevitably someone with more cash takes them away. If they do badly, we end up sending them back at a significant cost to us for very little return.

Time we stopped doing so much of it. One loan per season, max, for me.

Can't see any acknowledgement from Charles Sagoe Jr about his time with us? 🤔
He's like one of those Japanese soldiers who think the war is still ongoing. The lad is still hanging out at the training centre, doesn't know the season has ended.

Overall, the loan efforts of the club were pretty disastrous in hindsight, and even before any games were played it was a little deflating to be relying so much on other team's players for key positions. Need to do better this time around.

Rushworth was the one one that worked out - although I do think people go a bit over the top about him. Did a lot of things really well, but by f*ck he would play some suicide passes way more than is acceptable; match-fixing levels of WTF on many occasions. Simply has to cut that out if he wants to make it.

I really rate Patino, and I would have liked to see him get a consistent run in the no 10 role, but he's just not a Williams player, so never really going to work for him here. It's clear you need to be a duracell bunny if you want to play for Williams. That's one aspect of Williams I'm not a fan of as it closes the door on too many talented players for me, but he is certainkly from the british school of management - if you don't run around a lot, you can't play.

As for Sagoe Jr, what a waste of time that was. Was he really so terrible that we'd rather play Pato out wide (and Cooper at 10) than play him? Or was he injured the whole time and we were never told?

For what it's worth, despite the fact that he definitely shouldn't have been playing, I thought Basher was one of our better players against Millwall although it wasn't a particularly high bar. On the odd occasion, Patino has shown glimpses of sublime skill and vision but if you're surrounded by donkeys, you'll eventually end up playing like them. Still very young but could look a player with better around him like Odegaard and Rice for example. Ashby just never got going and was never going to shift Key once he'd come back from injury. I think Lowe did OK and his goal return from the game time he had being mostly used as a sub, was quite decent tbf . As for Sagoe, what was the point of signing him?

2024/2025 fixture list release

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back