• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

The Chairman speaks

Pacemaker

Alan Waddle
Reaction score
https://www.swanseacity.com/news/club-update-andy-coleman-2

Doesn't sound like we have anyone coming in any day soon

Either he is going to pull a great big rabbit out of the hat or he's the biggest b*llshiter that ever drew breath...i know which one i'm going for.

Have no intention of wasting anymore time reading his old baloney, just appoint Sheehan and let everyone get on with this miserable situation and hope for the best, but prepare for the worst.

He's panicking.

He hasn't got a clue what he's doing, hasn't got a clue what he's talking about.

Starts the article off saying he reckons a possession identity is important, then goes on to say everyone's doing the same so we are using data to do something different.

Absolute 24-carat clown.

I wish they'd all fuck off. Him, Watson and the rest of the Yanks. Just get out.

This statement goes to show that they clearly stopped the process once they had the verbal agreement with Davies. Now they've had to back to square one and its going to be another week or two before anyone is in place.

The worrying thing for me was towards the end of the statement where he goes on about successful teams have developed possession styles and we are using data to identify what playing style we can use to be successful in the Champ. Just sounds more and more like we're going to go down the percentage football root and end up with Nathan Jones at the helm.

What a load of rubbish.

I don't think you can play the 'we need time to find someone' card when you're the one who has created the vacancy in the first place. You'd have some sympathy if it was a situation like Plymouth's but maybe some sort of search before sacking Duff just before a crucial time of the season may have been prudent.

"The feedback we have received on Alan from experienced coaches on our staff, historical club figures and others across the game has been exceptional." = Kris O'Leary :lol:

It's all set up for Sheehan - "he was right under our noses all this time!!"

"Over the last several months, we have been building the foundations of our data and analysis infrastructure that supports the football department to ensure we have an elite football operation. That process is bearing fruit in the head coach search "

It's lucky this is in place or we could be taking longer to find our next coach

"I want to take a moment to thank Alan Sheehan for doing an excellent job in challenging circumstances over these last three games. The feedback we have received on Alan from experienced coaches on our staff, historical club figures and others across the game has been exceptional. He has begun to connect with supporters"

Prepare yourselves.

If it is to be Sheehan, I bet they won't even have the balls to give it to him longer than end of the season.

They'll tell us "it's the pragmatic thing to do while we take our time over a longer term solution, we have full confidence in Alan to deliver the objective of retaining Championship status"

Or something like that.

Then we will subsequently be relegated and they'll go into a tailspin because (surprise surprise) they hadn't prepared for that scenario.

You can see it coming a mile off.

This guy is a total fucking helmet..... Blah blah blah. Nothing but utter bullshit from this club yet again.

Andrew - North Hill said:
If it is to be Sheehan, I bet they won't even have the balls to give it to him longer than end of the season.

They'll tell us "it's the pragmatic thing to do while we take our time over a longer term solution, we have full confidence in Alan to deliver the objective of retaining Championship status"

Or something like that.

Then we will subsequently be relegated and they'll go into a tailspin because (surprise surprise) they hadn't prepared for that scenario.

You can see it coming a mile off.

Either that or it'll be Nathan Jones.

We've run the data and he was the top man.

For the hell of it, I asked ChatGPT to adopt the persona of the chairman of Swansea City FC and come up with a shortlist based on Coleman's criteria, and limited the list to those not currently in employment:

Subject: Prospective Head Coach Candidates for Swansea City FC

Dear [Swansea City FC] Board Members,

As we navigate the crucial task of appointing a new head coach for Swansea City FC, I have meticulously identified five prospective candidates who align with our vision of modern, data-driven possession football. Importantly, all of these candidates are currently available and not employed by any other club.

Giovanni van Bronckhorst:

Previous Experience: Feyenoord
Style of Play: Promotes possession football with a focus on building from the back.
Data-Driven Approach: Known for incorporating statistical analysis into training methods and match strategies.

Frank Lampard:

Previous Experience: Chelsea, Derby County
Style of Play: Emphasizes possession-based attacking football with an emphasis on youth development.
Data-Driven Approach: Lampard has shown an interest in using data analytics to improve player performance and tactical understanding.

Rudi Garcia:

Previous Experience: Olympique Lyonnais, AS Roma
Style of Play: Tactical flexibility with an emphasis on ball retention and quick transitions.
Data-Driven Approach: Garcia incorporates data analysis to identify opposition weaknesses and player strengths.

Paul Cook:

Previous Experience: Wigan Athletic, Portsmouth
Style of Play: Adopts a possession-oriented approach with an organized defensive structure.
Data-Driven Approach: Cook values the use of analytics to assess player performance and opposition analysis.

Chris Wilder:

Previous Experience: Sheffield United
Style of Play: Known for an attacking style with overlapping center-backs and ball retention.
Data-Driven Approach: Wilder emphasizes the use of statistics to evaluate player performance and optimize tactics.

I recommend that we proceed with interviews and assessments to determine the candidate who best fits Swansea City FC's culture and aspirations. These individuals bring a wealth of experience and align with our commitment to modern, possession-based football.

Londonlisa2001 said:
Oh God, they’ve watched Money Ball again haven’t they…

That was my first thought too. After I'd nearly gagged on 'football department'. We are a football club mind.

I genuinely hate rich kid know it all American 'businessmen'.

monmouth said:
That was my first thought too. After I'd nearly gagged on 'football department'. We are a football club mind.

I genuinely hate rich kid know it all American 'businessmen'.

Not footballing people talking from data.........its imbecile talk!

2024/2025 fixture list release

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back