• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Tammy Abraham

PSumbler

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Chelsea have put a £40m price tag on his head - supposed to be putting off West Ham but not Aston Villa.

£40m :lol:

He's still only 23 and good for 15+ Premier League goals a season for most clubs up there.

£40m is a bit much but that seems to be the going rate for proven goalscorers.

Dr. Winston said:
He's still only 23 and good for 15+ Premier League goals a season for most clubs up there.

He won't score 15 goals a season at that level - he only managed it at Chelsea once largely as he had scored 7 by September (he ended with 15)

Scored a total of 12 goals last season

Nowhere near worth £40m, not even half that

PSumbler said:
Dr. Winston said:

He won't score 15 goals a season at that level - he only managed it at Chelsea once largely as he had scored 7 by September (he ended with 15)

Scored a total of 12 goals last season

Nowhere near worth £40m, not even half that

With the figures still being mentioned for players in the top league it shows the football bubble has learned nothing over the last 15 montns.

PSumbler said:
He won't score 15 goals a season at that level - he only managed it at Chelsea once

Won't score 15 goals at that level. Proceeds to provide an example of him scoring 15 goals at that level. Also, he'd scored 11 of those 12 from last season by the end of January, so would probably have gone past 15 again had Lampard not got the chop. ;)

Tuchel didn't fancy him it's clear. Dean Smith knows him and rates him so to them he's probably worth the punt. I wouldn't be surprised if he's not far off 20 goals by the end of next season.

If they get £80m for Grealish they'll think £40m will be ok for Tammy.

Dr. Winston said:
PSumbler said:
He won't score 15 goals a season at that level - he only managed it at Chelsea once

Won't score 15 goals at that level. Proceeds to provide an example of him scoring 15 goals at that level. ;)

Tuchel didn't fancy him it's clear. Dean Smith knows him and rates him so to them he's probably worth the punt. I wouldn't be surprised if he's not far off 20 goals by the end of next season.

I agree winny, smith will get even more out of him and playing more will also help, 40 million is a snip for a striker that will guarantee their survival and a possible top 6 finish.

Dr. Winston said:
PSumbler said:

Won't score 15 goals at that level. Proceeds to provide an example of him scoring 15 goals at that level. ;)

You take a punt at £40m in the Premier League it has to work.

20 goals ain't happening, just look at the names that score 20 goals a season at any club, look at how many goals Villa score in total, thats not a criticism of Abraham but 20 goals at that level doesn't happen very often. Far better strikers than Abraham would fail

Vastly overpriced and exactly what Clive said - football learns nothing from anything

Fireboy said:
I agree winny, smith will get even more out of him and playing more will also help, 40 million is a snip for a striker that will guarantee their survival and a possible top 6 finish.

He's settling in about where I thought he'd end up. Not good enough for a Championship contender, comfortably good enough for almost everyone else. £40m is a lot but most deals are these days.

Fireboy said:
Dr. Winston said:

Of which of course Tammy will not guarantee their survival and they are nowhere near a top 6 side :lol:

£40m is never a snip unless you are a Man City or - ironically - a Chelsea

Villa are falling into a well trodden Premier League trap and learn nothing from the mistakes of others. They did really well last season but - as many teams know - they can easily fall into a trap. Lose a few games on the bounce and the arse starts to twitch.

It's a gamble and certainly no guarantee

PSumbler said:
Fireboy said:

Of which of course Tammy will not guarantee their survival and they are nowhere near a top 6 side :lol:

Villa are falling into a well trodden Premier League trap and learn nothing from the mistakes of others. They did really well last season but - as many teams know - they can easily fall into a trap. Lose a few games on the bounce and the arse starts to twitch.

Its very much a gamble Phil but Abraham is only 23 and will only get better, i think it will be a great move for him if he goes.

Fireboy said:
PSumbler said:

Its very much a gamble Phil but Abraham is only 23 and will only get better, i think it will be a great move for him if he goes.

I guess time will tell - I remain anything but convinced he will score goals in a mid table Premier League side but lets see.

Still overpriced mind :lol:

(PS "Should" only get better ;) )

PSumbler said:
Fireboy said:

I guess time will tell - I remain anything but convinced he will score goals in a mid table Premier League side but lets see.

Definitely overpriced mate but for a striker who is on the up alas that is the going rate.

And he definitely 'will' get better 😁👍

Watkins cost 30M on the back of a successful Championship season no Premier League experience, I’d say Tammy is 25-30M obviously inflated.

Fireboy said:
PSumbler said:

Definitely overpriced mate but for a striker who is on the up alas that is the going rate.

And he definitely 'will' get better 😁👍

Maybe... ;) :lol:

2024/2025 fixture list release

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back