• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Swansea League Team

FelindreJack

Tommy Hutchison
Reaction score
Wondering if anybody could help me or just give me some advice.

I’m interested in entering a team in to the Swansea League, if not next season then the season after that, as once I’ve recovered from a spinal surgery I am due within the next few months, I am hoping to start my coaching badges. It is something I’m committed to doing, but have absolutely no clue on how to go about it, that includes finding a home pitch, getting a kit etc etc so if anyone can point me in the right direction that would be much appreciated, if it’s something someone would like to get more involved with then I’d be more than happy to have people on board.

You ought to ask Russ's advice, he seems to be intent on getting the Swans into that league. 🤣

Seriously though, mate, I wish you the very best of luck with your op, and in fulfilling your ambitions. YJB 👍

Pegojack said:
You ought to ask Russ's advice, he seems to be intent on getting the Swans into that league. 🤣

Seriously though, mate, I wish you the very best of luck with your op, and in fulfilling your ambitions. YJB 👍

I bet there’s a few people in the Swansea League that would out do him tactically as well 😂

Thanks mate I appreciate it. I’ve had nearly 2 years off work because of it so I’ve had a lot of time to think over things and I’ve always enjoyed coaching (I’ve coached kids teams on and off over the years) but I’m hoping I can make it a career at some point in the future.

FelindreJack said:
I bet there’s a few people in the Swansea League that would out do him tactically as well 😂

Thanks mate I appreciate it. I’ve had nearly 2 years off work because of it so I’ve had a lot of time to think over things and I’ve always enjoyed coaching (I’ve coached kids teams on and off over the years) but I’m hoping I can make it a career at some point in the future.

I also wish you well, and as for making a career out of it, you'll be fine. From what I've witnessed the bar isn't set that high.

FelindreJack said:

I’m interested in entering a team in to the Swansea League, if not next season then the season after that, as once I’ve recovered from a spinal surgery I am due within the next few months, I am hoping to start my coaching badges. It is something I’m committed to doing, but have absolutely no clue on how to go about it, that includes finding a home pitch, getting a kit etc etc so if anyone can point me in the right direction that would be much appreciated, if it’s something someone would like to get more involved with then I’d be more than happy to have people on board.

Good luck with that.
Hopefully you’ll smash it, and take on board all our moans and groans on this platform and avoid Russball.
You could possibly end up in the dugout at the Liberty too!

TerryPHELAN said:
Good luck with that.
Hopefully you’ll smash it, and take on board all our moans and groans on this platform and avoid Russball.
You could possibly end up in the dugout at the Liberty too!

I could never manage the Swans, I know exactly what gets said on here and the other forum 😉

Cheers for the kind words gentlemen, thankfully a couple of guys have offered their help in different ways which I’m very appreciative of so hopefully we can get the wheels rolling. The offer is out to anyone though who does want to get involved in any capacity.

FelindreJack said:

Good luck my friend and be well,I’ve always liked you. ♥️

I teach martial arts at the moment but I've often thought about coaching football, I love teaching. Good luck to you Felindre hope it goes well.

I do know the guy who coaches galaxy fc and I think he's just got a job with the swans coaching under 7s I could ask him for some tips or maybe put you in touch with him.

When my lad was 6 he joined a club, I then took on the coaching for a further 6 years with em. Out of everything I've ever done its probably the most rewarding and emotional time I've had in sport. So to anyone taking that on....good luck, as long as you have supportive kids parents you'll love it.

Nocountryforoldjack said:
I teach martial arts at the moment but I've often thought about coaching football, I love teaching. Good luck to you Felindre hope it goes well.

I do know the guy who coaches galaxy fc and I think he's just got a job with the swans coaching under 7s I could ask him for some tips or maybe put you in touch with him.

Thanks mate I appreciate it 👍

Does he run the Galaxy senior side or one the juniors? I know Leon Britton was involved with them (I think his kid(s) play for them).

The side I’ll be running is a seniors side, but once the op is over with and I can crack on with my badges, any involvement with the Swans would be fantastic tbf.

FelindreJack said:
Thanks mate I appreciate it 👍

Does he run the Galaxy senior side or one the juniors? I know Leon Britton was involved with them (I think his kid(s) play for them).

The side I’ll be running is a seniors side, but once the op is over with and I can crack on with my badges, any involvement with the Swans would be fantastic tbf.

His name is Chris Hopkins and it's the kids, like I said I think he's just got the gig at the swans with the under 7s.

Quick update for those interested. The team will be based in the Fforestfach area. Got about 6-7 players interested already, so if anyone on here is interested in getting their boots on, or knows anyone who’s looking for a team, please feel free to message me!

2024/2025 fixture list release

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back