• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Swans to sign Joseph beating off Celtic and Newcastle deals?

swansnews

Administrator
Reaction score
Football Insider is today reporting that the Swans have beaten not just Newcastle and Celtic but Rangers and Tottenham Hotspur as well in the race to sign young Wigan striker Kyle Joseph for a fee suggested to be close to be £1m. Joseph was made one of the Swans key targets of the summer early […]

Read more

Pesky yanks don’t spend any money!! Looks a good signing

Does anyone actually believe that we'd get picked over Newcastle, Spurs, Celtic and Rangers if they wanted him?

old cob said:
Does anyone actually believe that we'd get picked over Newcastle, Spurs, Celtic and Rangers if they wanted him?
At his age i'd imagine first team football is a factor.Wise young man if you ask me. :D

JoshTheJack said:
old cob said:
At his age i'd imagine first team football is a factor.Wise young man if you ask me. :D

Add to that our strong recent history in developing young players and selling them on to a bigger club as soon as a half-decent offer is made.

With half a season of League 1 football under his belt, we seem a far more sensible proposition than the other clubs mentioned. With them he's likely to be limited to reserve games and loans, while here he would have a good chance of playing regularly and making a name for himself.

JackSomething said:
JoshTheJack said:

Add to that our strong recent history in developing young players and selling them on to a bigger club as soon as a half-decent offer is made.

With half a season of League 1 football under his belt, we seem a far more sensible proposition than the other clubs mentioned. With them he's likely to be limited to reserve games and loans, while here he would have a good chance of playing regularly and making a name for himself.

Yep, I agree with that. SCFC is getting a name for itself imo as a good career stepping stone, even Ash is working for the media now.

Might be worth waiting to see if he signs or not before we start praising/scoffing.

This signing smacks of preparing for League One.. we've already got Liam Cullen, Whittaker, Byers and Dhanda who are League Two/One standard, surely we could look abroad for 1 million

Skippyjack said:
This signing smacks of preparing for League One.. we've already got Liam Cullen, Whittaker, Byers and Dhanda who are League Two/One standard, surely we could look abroad for 1 million

Wiggum is abroad :D

It’s also the new Middlesbrough.

Dr. Winston said:
Might be worth waiting to see if he signs or not before we start praising/scoffing.

Indeed only when he is holding up the scarf or jersey on the official site.
Until then anything could happen

Longlostjack said:
Who’s scouting for us in (the rest of) Europe? Have we got a network? Ferrie, Michu and Gerhard could be doing a job for us on a retainer.

I know Gerhard was responsible for Benda

Benda, another League One/Two player..

Benda

Academy Graduate
Latibeaudiere
B.Cooper
Manning

Academy Graduate
Byers
Dhanda

Whittaker
Cullen