• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Sunderland sack Beal

Bad news for us.

Rumour is, their owner doesn’t put up with implied criticism from the manager and Mowbray and Beale both criticised the club’s inability to buy a striker. Like ours, it seems they want a yes man.

Mowbray also steps down temporarily from Blackburn. Doesn’t say for how long

Bad news for us.

Rumour is, their owner doesn’t put up with implied criticism from the manager and Mowbray and Beale both criticised the club’s inability to buy a striker. Like ours, it seems they want a yes man.
They can take LW he fits the bill perfectly

What's the story on Beale? Was he just obviously really really shite or was it a clash of personalities or a mixture of many things?
It was a mixture of many things.
Beale appears to be one of those modern coaches who can give a wonderful power-point presentation to prospective employers but has little ability to back it up. Lee Johnson is another even bigger bluffer. Of all the rotten appointments we've made over the last eight years or so, and there have been many, Johnson was the one I was most angry about; and he's hoodwinked two more club owners since we got rid of him: six clubs and achieved nothing at any.
Beale was an unpopular choice from the start. Mowbray had become a fans favourite so his replacement had to be exciting. We were linked with two or three head coaches on the continent so when Beale was announced it was a let down. Add to which QPR and Rangers supporters making it very clear what their view of him was.
In fairness I don't think a head coach can be judged on twelve matches and I would have given him till the season's end. But head coaches and managers are being given less and less time (I've made clear my positive opinion of Michael Duff). The greatest managers all needed time, measured in seasons not months, to build a club, squad or team.
There are big questions about our owner and Sporting Director and I'd imagine they hope firing an unpopular figure in Beale might take some of the heat off them. Not that there's anything we can do about them anyway.
:

They can take LW he fits the bill perfectly
We need to give Williams a fair chance. I’ve not at all liked our last three managers for different reasons, and I’ll be honest I don’t really like the look of Williams, but I appreciate at some point sacking and chancing ain’t going to bring anything but financial ruin. He needs a fair crack, and that means this year and next, unless he gets us in real trouble given the fixtures we have left. He needs to get his act together though…he can’t keep saying “we need to…” every week.

We need to give Williams a fair chance. I’ve not at all liked our last three managers for different reasons, and I’ll be honest I don’t really like the look of Williams, but I appreciate at some point sacking and chancing ain’t going to bring anything but financial ruin. He needs a fair crack, and that means this year and next, unless he gets us in real trouble given the fixtures we have left. He needs to get his act together though…he can’t keep saying “we need to…” every week.
I don't want him sacked, doing that constantly will get us relegated,I want to see what his plan is and not just a load of old waffle, had far too much of that from that twat chinwig and I want to see some progression and results. I definitely want to see him fix the defence and see what style of football he actually plays, can you see his plan yet?

I don't want him sacked, doing that constantly will get us relegated,I want to see what his plan is and not just a load of old waffle, had far too much of that from that twat chinwig and I want to see some progression and results. I definitely want to see him fix the defence and see what style of football he actually plays, can you see his plan yet?
Not really. Width, which is good, but kamikaze high line Notts County, will kill us.

I agree you must stick with Williams till the season's end though I hadn't realised you were so close to danger. You were more points clear of relegation when Duff was sacked than you are now. Duff was the man who should have been given two seasons at least to make you promotion candidates again.

We've put the caretakers, Dodds and Proctor, back in charge till the end of the season.
I'd be delighted if we appointed Michael Duff in June; provided he's committed to being a long way from Cheltenham for the next three or four years.
There have been so many sackings this season; we've had two. But I still believe one of the most ridiculous was Duff's. I couldn't understand why you turned on him so fast.
Surely sacking Mowbray was more bizarre? Most of my chums in Pennywell seem to think he wasn’t given enough time and was a good fit for you.

I agree you must stick with Williams till the season's end though I hadn't realised you were so close to danger. You were more points clear of relegation when Duff was sacked than you are now. Duff was the man who should have been given two seasons at least to make you promotion candidates again.
It's also QPR, Hudds and Sheff Wed have picked up dragging us in along with Stoke and Millwall during our extremely tough recent run. We have 6 winnable home games but we have to start a winning mentality

2024/2025 fixture list release

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back