• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

So, Russell Martin

ABSwan

Alan Waddle
Reaction score
Norwich fans discussing our now great leader.

https://forum.pinkun.com/index.php?/topic/152204-so-russell-martin/

We can say the same. Swansea this first half have been precisely what we want.

Instead we’ve been served with the football equivalent of painting by numbers, and it hasn’t worked for large parts of the season.

These Norwich folk should watch our Blackburn game.

It’s a cherry picked game they were at as they were supporting the team we played.
I’ve not watched ANY Norwich matches this season, only really saw they’re doing “ok” in the table.
I’m sure if they were witness to the forgettable 3 from 20 odd period, they’d fully understand why people were desolate.
funnily enough, I don’t know why, but a few times I’ve seen a few Norwich fans on differing social media platforms, and they have a hatred of us for some bizarre reason, really lay into us? 😂 bizarre.

The last few games have been very good to watch, yesterday particularly so. My problem with Russ is why has it taken so long to get to this point? The team will be dismantled at the end of the season so he'll have to start all over again, so my concern is can he do that?

legoman said:
The last few games have been very good to watch, yesterday particularly so. My problem with Russ is why has it taken so long to get to this point? The team will be dismantled at the end of the season so he'll have to start all over again, so my concern is can he do that?

I don't disagree, but we need to move on from the past and look forward especially with this great run we're on, I do hope that Martin has learnt from the lessons of that past and can continue with the progress we've made since.

The difficulty will come when players leave this summer and on how many do leave, cause we're looking at yet another rebuild and another reset and who we can bring in to replace those that will leave, its where we are as a club unfortunately.

Niigata Jack said:
I don't disagree, but we need to move on from the past and look forward especially with this great run we're on, I do hope that Martin has learnt from the lessons of that past and can continue with the progress we've made since.

The difficulty will come when players leave this summer and on how many do leave, cause we're looking at yet another rebuild and another reset and who we can bring in to replace those that will leave, its where we are as a club unfortunately.

Yeah, trust exercise, what will the summer bring, or what will the summer take to be apt, another summer of “will they won’t they” is never good for preparations, but we’re not unique in that boat, I think as long as we can keep improvement of last few games, and even in defeat, have hope and can see we’re going to go forward, and not have another season of doom and gloom down the desperate end with boring, and or shocking performances.
Let’s hope Russ takes the positives of the last month or so and we don’t have a decimating of our current squad too much, only time can tell.

Niigata Jack said:

Agreed. He has confessed himself that he handled the bad run of form very badly, and has said he is still learning.

I think sometimes because of our history with managers like Martinez, Rodger’s & Laudrup we assume a manager doesn’t take long to learn the ropes and be successful, but I assume like all jobs, different people learn at a different pace and in different ways.

I’m very much inclined to see what he can do as a manager having learnt the lessons from the last two years.

The big problem we have is, as you have pointed out - the turnover of players we will get and the fact he’s not necessarily the quickest to assess player ability. That combined with a seemingly awful hierarchy above him, most managers could be destined to fail. 😞

When we played Norwich at home earlier this season they scored early and we dominated the game without scoring or really threatening to score. Martin said post match interview that the Norwich players apologised walking off the pitch because they knew they had stolen the 3 points.
Yesterday we very nearly gave them that early goal again however we held them out then buried the chances we had which we didn’t do earlier in the season.

They are not very good and we have become a bit more clinical, the improvement in the pace of our game very much depends on the style of the opposition and their ability to hit us quickly on the counter attack.

We are watchable at the moment which is a marked improvement, Martin has confessed in making errors and learning on the job hopefully we will continue to improve and recruit well in the summer.

If he stays he will benefit from an experienced DoF above him. RM struggled with the Christmas transfer window and that run of abysmal form. He would improve as a manager with a wily, been there done it, type of person as DoF.

2024/2025 fixture list release

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back