• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Skewen disgrace

Reaction score
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-56189469

It's rare that I agree with Stephen Kinnock, but how can the Coal Authority be 'responsible for remediating mine shafts and making sure mine-water has a permanent solution', but not liable for flooding when those measures fail? That's like saying I'm responsible for locking up a building at night, but not liable for the losses incurred through theft when I forget to lock the front door!

As usual, they're gambling that the residents won't have the resources/will to take them to court and even if they do, they'll be able to drag it out for who knows how long, increasing the chances that residents will have to settle. When companies do this and are eventually found liable, the courts should have the authority to massively increase the damages to try and prevent others from doing the same.

It's devastating to see what happened. I just hope the residents get all the help they need and quickly.

Seems to me they are looking for loopholes, saying that they are not responsible for surface water, but heres the thing, the water above ground level came from below ground, and more than likely from the abandoned mine workings.
Also by offering the £500 plus compensation money, are by default admitting some sort of liability. Just get it sorted.

2024/2025 fixture list release

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back