• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Sheffield United

cmajack

Alan Waddle
Reaction score
66 per cent possession, 1 shot on target and losing 4-0, taking a leaf out of our book are they? . Though it is good to have a possession based passing philosophy it's a bit pointless if the end result is like tonight. Really the only thing that matters is that you have scored more than the opposition at the end of the game. West brom fans are probably laughing at them , that they had sp much of the ball and done absolutely nothing with it.

Difference is they have £40m of strikers.

Crazy how bad they have looked, our point doesn’t look that good at all now tbh

Risc said:
Difference is they have £40m of strikers.

Crazy how bad they have looked, our point doesn’t look that good at all now tbh

With the 3 strikers they have Brewster, Mcburnie and Sharp, think it's inevitable they will click at some stage of the season.

Going through a very similar phase to us with a complete style change albeit they are in a stronger position squad and money wise, but Jokanovic is no mug he got Watford and Fulham promoted so I expect them to be strong sooner or later, 0 goals when they have that luxury of strikers to choose from is piss poor though, Sharp, McBurnie, Brewster, McGoldrick & Mousset and still can’t score between them.

Possession IS good, of course, but only if you do something with it. Laudrup knew the score, and that’s how he improved Rodgers team.

That’s Martins task. Possession played in front of the other team for its own sake only gets you a 0-0 even if you have 100% possession.

monmouth said:
Possession IS good, of course, but only if you do something with it. Laudrup knew the score, and that’s how he improved Rodgers team.

That’s Martins task. Possession played in front of the other team for its own sake only gets you a 0-0 even if you have 100% possession.

I listened to Elis James' Feast of Football with Neil Taylor yesterday. Neil's comments re Laudrup were really interesting. He said that the main thing Laudrup changed when he came in was this "Barcelona style" of thinking of the second pass. So the team were drilled that if the ball was passed backgrounds, the next two passes had to go forward. It was a total non-negotiable by all accounts. I wouldn't mind that type of approach this season. There were so many times against Stoke where players would receive the ball, pass backwards, receive the ball again with two options infront of them, and turn around and pass backwards. I think having five at the back is killing us. I would much rather see us with 4 at the back, and Grimes just infront operating as a half-back.

2024/2025 fixture list release

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back