• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Second wave

controversial_jack

First Team Player
Reaction score
Looks like it could be starting in Europe.Many counties, especially Spain,are seeing big spikes. Anyone who books a holiday now would have to be a bit lacking in the common sense dept.

controversial_jack said:
Looks like it could be starting in Europe.Many counties, especially Spain,are seeing big spikes. Anyone who books a holiday now would have to be a bit lacking in the common sense dept.

Slightly higher than the U.K. in reality. Big regional rises in Catalonia and Aragon . Small spikes elsewhere. Not much in Balearics or Canaries. Caution advised. Certainly would avoid Costa Brava and Barcelona. If I had booked would go, but probably would not book now.

It's actually 5 times the Uk rate today, adjusting for the population difference as well. It's on the rise in France, Germany, Belgium, even the Czechs are getting it.Quite worrying imo.

There's a bigger picture to look at and not just what BBC spout out. How does the rise in infections correlate to volume of testing?

Localised explosions are almost inevitable and it's about how authorities react to that. Local lock downs will be far more effective (overall) than complete nationwide lock down.

Regardless of location - react to the data, protect the vulnerable and apply common sense.

controversial_jack said:
Anyone who books a holiday now would have to be a bit lacking in the common sense dept.

Says the thickest fker on the internet. :lol:

controversial_jack said:
It's actually 5 times the Uk rate today, adjusting for the population difference as well. It's on the rise in France, Germany, Belgium, even the Czechs are getting it.Quite worrying imo.

But massive day-to-day variation too. Expect this here in a few weeks

It's bloody worrying. I hope all the good work done here over the last 18 weeks doesn't see us go back to a full lockdown.
It's been a very odd period of time to say the very least.

dickythorpe said:
It's bloody worrying. I hope all the good work done here over the last 18 weeks doesn't see us go back to a full lockdown.

Likely to be localised. But expect it. Biggest worry is secondary school returns. Teenagers can carry and transmit as adults, though primary seems not be a problem. Not that they get very ill, but can transmit to the wider population.

Professor said:
dickythorpe said:

Likely to be localised. But expect it. Biggest worry is secondary school returns. Teenagers can carry and transmit as adults, though primary seems not be a problem. Not that they get very ill, but can transmit to the wider population.

It's hardly localised if it's in Spain, France, Belgium and other countries in Europe, but it is concerning reading the re opening of schools.It's a given that some will shut again within a week or two of opening, as staff members will probably contract ir

BanosSwan said:
Localised within these countries.

Yes. There are localised outbreaks in most countries. Not localised to a country. Microbes don’t do borders. The exception. Is the US where areas of low infection are localised (like NY). Rates are much higher across many states, but even there they tend to be in specific areas e.g. Houston rather than spread evenly across Texas. If it goes back to widespread infection we are in the pickies

controversial_jack said:
It seems to be the nature of this virus.It seems to appear in clusters rather than a general area

It is for all infections. They will all start in a discrete area, then spread. What we can do (with proper test and trace) is to pick up hotspots early and stop wider transmission. That's why I am hopeful we won't see blanket lockdowns.
NOTE-Hopeful. I was wrong that this became a pandemic. Was expecting it to be regional like SARS and MERS

2024/2025 fixture list release

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back