• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Season ticket renewal

PSumbler

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I can see next season's numbers definitely being one of the lowest we have seen for some time.

I spoke to four around me tonight (granted not a huge number but all long term ST holders) who are very hesitant and each of them also used the same reason (the same one in my head) in that I can't be bothered to watch so many games at the moment as frankly we have been largely rubbish for several years now.

My feeling is that I'll judge the first half of the season and look at the half season as we get towards half way.

Couldn't possibly renew right now

My feeling is that I'll judge the first half of the season and look at the half season as we get towards half way.

Couldn't possibly renew right now
Problem is we don't feel like thers anything coming in return for our loyalty.
Owners who ain't bothered, recruitment is diabolical, atmosphere dwindling each game is hand in hand with the inevitable apathy of everyone watching.
People will eventually say enough....we'll spend our hard earned elsewhere now.

Only one ST holder around me is not renewing because he is moving away, most of the others have already renewed but it seems people are renewing out of habit, most around me don’t attend every game now including tonight’s game. Unbelievable to think we wouldn’t sell out against Leeds, Leicester or Soton when we often did in league 1 when playing top of the table sides.

It is very unlikely in recent times that you will see a game where we play entertaining, enjoyable football, a very sad decline and tonight just left me thoroughly depressed when i thought we had turned a corner with recent performances.

I would also add that most around me are on the OAP ST so only paying £266 which is significantly cheaper than a normal ST which may also have an impact.

But we were rubbish forever and we still went. I loved watching us when we were rubbish, looked forward to every game. had pictures of Glen Davies and Phil Holme on my schoolbooks.

I can only give the reason I stopped going, and don't regret it one bit. The reason was, we've seen it all, bottom and top, and I realised I wasn't enjoying the experience. The best we can hope for is a repeat of we've already seen if you followed the club 1970-2015. What's the point. It just sucks the life out of you with endless repetition. I would feel the same if I 'supported' Man City. What's the point of another season after you've won everything? Win it again? Then what, again? Who cares.

We need the new crop of youngsters now that we didn't invest in during the PL years. I clearly get irritated watching us lose, and joyful watching us win. It doesn't last into the next day either way. I mean, and I know you were the same, if a play off final was forgotten walking away from Wembley, what exactly do we think is going to be better soon, or ever? Bit depressing, I suppose, although also liberating but we had our time in the sun and I enjoyed it. Life moves on. Get off the never ending treadmill.

The only point of going is if you really enjoy the experience of the actual game of football. If not. Stop. I stopped enjoying it when the Yanks took over, for many reasons. Maybe if I lived in Swansea or still had lots of mates there I'd feel differently.

We are in a cost of living crisis that shows no sign of abating.

Most people by now have had a titful of the owners.

Most people by now have seen right through Coleman and Watson.

It's definitely the most dislikeable squad of players we've had in many a year - weak, half arsed, low on quality and effort.

I wouldn't blame anyone for feeling like they want to knock it on the head at the moment, at some point you've got to ask the question whether there's more to life. It is meant to be enjoyable/entertaining after all. That was the whole reason the sport was invented.

Problem is we don't feel like thers anything coming in return for our loyalty.
Owners who ain't bothered, recruitment is diabolical, atmosphere dwindling each game is hand in hand with the inevitable apathy of everyone watching.
People will eventually say enough....we'll spend our hard earned elsewhere now.
I think you're bang on.

We know we've had to sell but we've bought poorly and overall we are a pretty below average football club that has little to no ambition.

What's the point?

But we were rubbish forever and we still went. I loved watching us when we were rubbish, looked forward to every game. had pictures of Glen Davies and Phil Holme on my schoolbooks.

I can only give the reason I stopped going, and don't regret it one bit. The reason was, we've seen it all, bottom and top, and I realised I wasn't enjoying the experience. The best we can hope for is a repeat of we've already seen if you followed the club 1970-2015. What's the point. It just sucks the life out of you with endless repetition. I would feel the same if I 'supported' Man City. What's the point of another season after you've won everything? Win it again? Then what, again? Who cares.

We need the new crop of youngsters now that we didn't invest in during the PL years. I clearly get irritated watching us lose, and joyful watching us win. It doesn't last into the next day either way. I mean, and I know you were the same, if a play off final was forgotten walking away from Wembley, what exactly do we think is going to be better soon, or ever? Bit depressing, I suppose, although also liberating but we had our time in the sun and I enjoyed it. Life moves on. Get off the never ending treadmill.

The only point of going is if you really enjoy the experience of the actual game of football. If not. Stop. I stopped enjoying it when the Yanks took over, for many reasons. Maybe if I lived in Swansea or still had lots of mates there I'd feel differently.
I think this sums it up in one post

I was talking to Phil Holme in Port Talbot last week. 😮

I renewed. 2 tickets, but the lad’s is cheap so still feels like good value. And we’ll be ‘safe standing’ next season. It’ll probably be the most exciting bit of the season :ROFLMAO:

I quite enjoy getting out of the house and spending a bit of time with my lad, so will keep going for now. I’m enjoying it more after I dropped any expectations of us doing anything or getting upset by us being crap. And I’m trying to appreciate the game in general more - some nice football played by Leeds tonight. I grudgingly appreciate that and just try to enjoy the occasion and not worry about results. It’s not easy though,

I renewed. 2 tickets, but the lad’s is cheap so still feels like good value. And we’ll be ‘safe standing’ next season. It’ll probably be the most exciting bit of the season :ROFLMAO:

I quite enjoy getting out of the house and spending a bit of time with my lad, so will keep going for now. I’m enjoying it more after I dropped any expectations of us doing anything or getting upset by us being crap. And I’m trying to appreciate the game in general more - some nice football played by Leeds tonight. I grudgingly appreciate that and just try to enjoy the occasion and not worry about results. It’s not easy though,
I couldn’t agree more with that, I love going with my grandson.

I can see next season's numbers definitely being one of the lowest we have seen for some time.

I spoke to four around me tonight (granted not a huge number but all long term ST holders) who are very hesitant and each of them also used the same reason (the same one in my head) in that I can't be bothered to watch so many games at the moment as frankly we have been largely rubbish for several years now.

I've just renewed my season ticket - but really more out of habit/duty Plus I like my seat and don't want to lose it.

Terrible reasons when I think about it. Used to be I looked forward to games and what a new season might bring.

The joy has been sucked out of us since the Yanks took over.

For the first time ever I choose whether to go to a home game or not. Never in the past. Was simply automatic that the game always came first ( except if away on hols).

Now I'm not bothered if I go or not, if I've something better to do. I can take it or leave it.

Also in a game I do attend, if it's just obvious rubbish from us, and I can just sense ( through recent years bitter experiences) that there's little chance of any improvement or effort or a goal...I just leave, sometimes even at half time, to do something else.

I never thought I could feel this way about the Swans, having supported for over 50 years. I can't let go completely though, STID and always in hope that something better is around the corner.

2024/2025 fixture list release

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back