• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Season 23/24 | Ipswich Town v Swansea City | The Official Match Thread | The EFL Championship

What will the result be against Ipswich Town?

• Ipswich win

Votes: 11 52.4%
  • Draw

Votes: 5 23.8%
  • Swans win

Votes: 5 23.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
BLAZE said:
We should give Cullen a chance up top and play Walsh behind him. Cullen cant be more anonymous than Yates, and I'd hope Walsh could create more than Cullen is

I think that’s-a decent shout. We need an extra midfield body whether cooper or Walsh, and we don’t need Fulton and grimes together ever or, at the moment Yates. Playing as we are, and he is, he’s pointless.

Edit. Eteb is right too, losing Ginelly and Key has killed us.

monmouth said:
I think that’s-a decent shout. We need an extra midfield body whether cooper or Walsh, and we don’t need Fulton and grimes together ever or, at the moment Yates. Playing as we are, and he is, he’s pointless.

Edit. Eteb is right too, losing Ginelly and Key has killed us.
I think we'd be in the play offs with them, or very close

Standard of refs has never been great, but is it me cos every game is now a nitemare with em.

eteb said:
I'm sorry but we just aren't a bad side

We are getting done week in and week out with these c***s reffing us

We are 20 points behind Ipswich after 16 games and 17th in the table, it's embarrassing. That sums up exactly where we are as a club. The table doesn't lie after that many games.

As are every club every week according to their own fans anyway.

Ipswich fan on their own forum:
"Him and his assistants have been dire
1. Give a foul for a great challenge- the Swans score
2. No offside at least twice coming our way
3. Pen all day. Not given. He seems to be bottling it."
Maybe you're right but I'm not sure what can be done. I'd certainly be happier with refs making mistakes instead of the farce of VAR taking 5 minutes to make a decision.

cmajack said:
We are 20 points behind Ipswich after 16 games and 17th in the table, it's embarrassing. That sums up exactly where we are as a club. The table doesn't lie after that many games.

Then how about using a different table. We're 13th in the form table over the last six games which included Leicester and Ipswich. We're a work in progress and that's not embarrassing.

Glyn1 said:
Then how about using a different table. We're 13th in the form table over the last six games which included Leicester and Ipswich. We're a work in progress and that's not embarrassing.

We played some good football today and scored two good goals. We're not far off, but neither Paterson or Ashby are doing it for me. Paterson doesn't seem to be on the same wavelength as his teammates and loses the ball too often. I don't think Ashby is mature enough for this league and wouldn't be too upset if he went back in January.
Despite Janal's heroics, we need to improve in the final third. If the existing players are good enough or not, I don't know. Really we need Jo Peru Mk 2 in January, but we know that ain't gonna happen.

Pegojack said:
We played some good football today and scored two good goals. We're not far off, but neither Paterson or Ashby are doing it for me. Paterson doesn't seem to be on the same wavelength as his teammates and loses the ball too often. I don't think Ashby is mature enough for this league and wouldn't be too upset if he went back in January.
Despite Janal's heroics, we need to improve in the final third. If the existing players are good enough or not, I don't know. Really we need Jo Peru Mk 2 in January, but we know that ain't gonna happen.

No one player can solve the issue, but am convinced Ginelly would have made a massive difference in recent weeks.

I didn't think we were all that bad today, certainly not by early season standards, but Ipswich still had way too much for us.

The facts are this :

We're a really average football team

Duff is emphatically not a upgrade on Martin - he's basically a different way of skinning the same cat. The less educated cohort in our fanbase will be enjoying the increased number of bookings and red cards - they'll always favour "getting stuck in" ahead of technical quality. Fair enough. There's always been a neanderthal element to our support, so that isn't surprising.

It's as simple as that really. Average team churning out average performances and average results in a distinctly average league.

Glyn1 said:

Yes, dress it up as much as you like, recent form, bad referees, injuries. The facts are as I've said, 20 points behind a newly promoted team after 16 , yes 16 matches and 17th in the table. We always seem to be a work in progress. Were under Martin and now Duff.

BLAZE said:
We should give Cullen a chance up top and play Walsh behind him. Cullen cant be more anonymous than Yates, and I'd hope Walsh could create more than Cullen is

I suggested doing that at half time - take Yates and Pato off and Ollie & Walsh on. Cullen is a good poacher and is wasted out on the right wing and I'm sure his runs in behind would have given their defenders far more to think about than, er, whatever it was that Yates was doing. Ollie would have been far more combative than Pato and added some much needed energy to the midfield and Walsh would have added some guile but instead of making those changes in the 46th minute, Duff chose to make them in the 71st minute when it was too late. It must have been 100% clear to everyone that what we were doing in the first half simply wasn't working so starting the second half with more of the same but expecting a different outcome was baffling.

sainthelens said:
No one player can solve the issue, but am convinced Ginelly would have made a massive difference in recent weeks.

The sad truth is that Ginnelly was having his best game for us when he got done in. It’s happened to a lot of our players and referees have to take some blame for letting other teams kick lumps out of us

sainthelens said:

Ginnelly has averaged about 8 games a season since turning pro, another “next level” signing.

2024/2025 fixture list release

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back