• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Sam Parker

Surely the lad just wants to get back on the field, his eyes are probably firmly on starting the new season with Swansea City.

I would suspect his agent is seeing dollar signs rather than what's best for the 17yr old.
He pushes on next season and he/his agent can then start asking questions with 1 year left on his contract.

Maybe my advice is wrong but I would tell him to work hard this summer and try and cement himself in the Swansea squad for next season.

Surely the lad just wants to get back on the field, his eyes are probably firmly on starting the new season with Swansea City.

I would suspect his agent is seeing dollar signs rather than what's best for the 17yr old.
He pushes on next season and he/his agent can then start asking questions with 1 year left on his contract.

Maybe my advice is wrong but I would tell him to work hard this summer and try and cement himself in the Swansea squad for next season.
It's exactly the same advice I would be giving him at this stage in his career.

Williams confirmed Parker turned the deal down, he’s asking for more than the club can give apparently, a handful of senior games and he’s wanting big bucks?
Surely not the lads doing this?
Clearly there has been contact from another club/s to his agent for this type of behaviour to happen.

It's exactly the same advice I would be giving him at this stage in his career.
For me it would be solid advice and clearly the best thing for a 17yr old.
He has plenty of time to get a deal ASLONG as he concentrates on the grass.

For me it would be solid advice and clearly the best thing for a 17yr old.
He has plenty of time to get a deal ASLONG as he concentrates on the grass.
All he has at the moment is potential and like you said he needs to earn a wage suited to his ability.

It's probably been blown out of all proportion and just more media frenzy on what was a slow news day.

All he has at the moment is potential and like you said he needs to earn a wage suited to his ability.

It's probably been blown out of all proportion and just more media frenzy on what was a slow news day.
I would hope his parents are giving him some advice on this and not just relying on someone else.
He needs to be involved in a first team squad as often as he can, being 17 and with a championship team will certainly open up more options aslong as he keeps working hard.

I would hope his parents are giving him some advice on this and not just relying on someone else.
He needs to be involved in a first team squad as often as he can, being 17 and with a championship team will certainly open up more options aslong as he keeps working hard.
You'd hope so 🤷🏻‍♂️

Surely not the lads doing this?
Clearly there has been contact from another club/s to his agent for this type of behaviour to happen.
What type of behaviour are we even talking about? There's nothing wrong with rejecting an offer from an employer. He's got two years to go and is still recovering from a bad injury (an actual injury not like Wood).

What type of behaviour are we even talking about? There's nothing wrong with rejecting an offer from an employer. He's got two years to go and is still recovering from a bad injury (an actual injury not like Wood).
Swansea Independent dropped an article a little while back after this news broke saying that sources seem to indicate that he is perfectly willing to negotiate and that its mostly making a mountain out of a molehill. As you said nothing wrong with rejecting an offer especially if you and/or your agent feels like it is below the going rate.

Once again Luke Williams’ wording is not the greatest.

Just reads like he’s burning bridges; he has to improve in his communication on these pressers. He is like a bull in a china shop going on what he said about Rushworth and now this.

Looking for a deal that is far more than that of a 17yr old who has played a handful of first team games.

Looking for a deal that is far more than that of a 17yr old who has played a handful of first team games.
He's under no obligation to accept any new deal at all. It's perfectly reasonable to say to the club "if you want to lock me down longer than the existing 2 years then pay for the player you think I might become". Unless he goes on strike he should be considered content to play for a few hundred quid a week while he grows his profile.

Lot of assumptions going on in terms of what has been asked for by the player and what has been offered by the club.

No doubt nature will take it's course.

You could turn it the other way and say it's great that he's got the confidence to back himself. A young player less confident they'll make it in this highly competitive sport might leap at the chance to get a longer contract and earn more money before they drop down the divisions in search of a new club. Instead Parker is saying he's confident he's good enough to make it as a pro and he's only going to extend his contract if the money is good enough.

Can't quite understand why this attitude vexes so many people.

He's under no obligation to accept any new deal at all. It's perfectly reasonable to say to the club "if you want to lock me down longer than the existing 2 years then pay for the player you think I might become". Unless he goes on strike he should be considered content to play for a few hundred quid a week while he grows his profile.
Certainly isn't and we as a club are under no obligation to give him something that we feel is beyond our structure.
All I am stating is that he needs to do the best thing for him as it stands here and now.........getting fit and being involved as much as he can with the first team squad.
It's that old saying....walk before you run.

Start of Euro 2024

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back