• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Remaining matches

JackFish

Tommy Hutchison
Reaction score
Cardiff: Fulham (A), Derby (H), Boro (A), Hull (H)
Swans: Leeds (H), Forest (A), Bristol City (H), Reading (A)
Derby: Brentford (H), Cardiff (A), Leeds (H), Birmingham (A)
Blackburn: West Brom (H), Millwall (A), Reading (H), Luton (A)
Millwall: Hull (A), Blackburn (H), QPR (A), Huddersfield (H)
Preston: Wednesday (A), Forest (H), Brentford (A), Birmingham (H), Bristol City (A)
Bristol C: Boro (A), Stoke (H), Swansea (A), Preston (H)

Preston still in it if they win tonight, but Millwall, Blackburn & Bristol City probably out of it realistically, even though they have easier looking fixtures.

Can’t see Cardiff dropping points against Hull on the last day so we need to get above them before then!

No guarantees, but I'm thinking 7 points in the last 4 fixtures probably gets us into the playoffs.

At least, that's the minimum amount I'd take if you offered it to me today.

I think the scummers are capable of 7 points, so realistically, in view of goal difference, we are going to need three wins.

How ironic would it be, after a season where, to a man, everyone on Planet Swans (myself included) has slated Steve Cooper and his abysmal tactics, were to sneak into the playoffs.

Would this mean most of us know sweet FA about football , or would it be a reflection on how poor the Championship has been overall?

I'll leave this here...

Watching the game last night, 2-1 up, and the camera focuses on Cooper, standing in the dugout, staring glibly ahead.
My wife turns to me and says, "that man looks like hes standing at a bustop waiting for a bus"...

Perhaps we've all been judging the book by the cover all along... 🤔

Can't see why people are getting slightly excited. There are very few prem quality players if any in our squad atm ,we'd need a new team if we got there :D who's gonna pay ? Na the prem is all about how much money you got to throw away .Getting you're ass kicked week in week out is no fun . We got lucky last time around with some very good cheap signings and decent managers . Highly unlikely it'll ever happen again .

Swanjaxs said:
How ironic would it be, after a season where, to a man, everyone on Planet Swans (myself included) has slated Steve Cooper and his abysmal tactics, were to sneak into the playoffs.

Would this mean most of us know sweet FA about football , or would it be a reflection on how poor the Championship has been overall?

I'll leave this here...

Watching the game last night, 2-1 up, and the camera focuses on Cooper, standing in the dugout, staring glibly ahead.
My wife turns to me and says, "that man looks like hes standing at a bustop waiting for a bus"...

Perhaps we've all been judging the book by the cover all along... 🤔

He's definitely up near the top of people who have looked disinterested whilst sat in a football dugout.

We just need to take every round as it comes, and need to better Cardiff's results at this point so let's hope Fulham can beat them tomorrow and then we can get at least a point Sunday. Preston playing Forest there's no ideal result for us really as we won't know the best outcome until we've played. I think Brentford will get something against Derby, probably a win.

oldjack said:
Can't see why people are getting slightly excited. There are very few prem quality players if any in our squad atm ,we'd need a new team if we got there :D who's gonna pay ? Na the prem is all about how much money you got to throw away .Getting you're ass kicked week in week out is no fun . We got lucky last time around with some very good cheap signings and decent managers . Highly unlikely it'll ever happen again .

Not just us in 2012. Look at Sheffield United. According to the experts they were likely to beat Derby’s low points record but with four games left they’re pushing for Europe with Ollie McBurnie up front.

You never know with football.

J_B said:
oldjack said:

Not just us in 2012. Look at Sheffield United. According to the experts they were likely to beat Derby’s low points record but with four games left they’re pushing for Europe with Ollie McBurnie up front.

It won't last

oldjack said:
J_B said:
oldjack said:

It won't last

You don’t need to be Nostradamus to know that. Only 6 clubs have been in the PL every season. For the rest of us it’s a case of enjoying it whilst it does last.

Even if we scraped into the playoffs, it's looking more than likely we would face Brentford.

I certainly wouldn't fancy beating them over 2 legs under any circumstances.

Raynor94 said:
Even if we scraped into the playoffs, it's looking more than likely we would face Brentford.

It is indeed a tall order.
Looking at Leeds v Stoke we are going to do extremely well to get a draw on Sunday.
It was dirty Leeds but now with Beilsa they play the beautiful game as we used to do under ML with Pablo pulling all the strings. Both lost to us due to Jenkins' incompetence.
I suspect 8 from 12 points will be the maximum we will get.... and then comes Brentford who, lets face it, have wasted us over two matches.

As I've said before football's a funny old game,I think we need 9 points to get into the play offs and if we do get stuffed in play off semi at least we'll have the satisfaction of keeping the scum out of play offs

Raynor94 said:

Absolutely, they are a damn good team with a good manager and style of football.

Raynor94 said:

IMO the two legged play off acts as a leveller. I'm not saying that we'd take them but it certainly won't work against us.

2024/2025 fixture list release

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back