• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Red Card Appeal?

Pegojack

Alan Curtis
Reaction score
I'm not sure if you can appeal a red made up of two yellows, but having just watched the extended highlights, I reckon the club should appeal Cullen's red.
The foul was actually committed by Ashby, who shoulders the attacker from the side, which causes him to canon into Cullen and both then fall over. There is no foul by Cullen, and any fair minded adjudicator could see that. He's fallen foul of (a) poor play by Ashby and (b) a shyte ref.

Pontyjack said:
No unfortunately you can't appeal two yellows.

That just doesn't feel right though does it? Surely it would be equitable for an appeal to be made and the circumstances reviewed, then if a mistake has been made the future one game suspension can be cancelled?

I think there may be grounds for appealing mistaken identity? I'm not 100% sure and it would depend on the referee's report on why he's given the yellow card

SwansInTheLake said:
I think there may be grounds for appealing mistaken identity? I'm not 100% sure and it would depend on the referee's report on why he's given the yellow card

Both yellows can be down to mistaken identity, Ashby caused the handbags in the first half and Cullen was just trying to break it up.
For all his improvement lately Ashby went backwards at a rate of knots yesterday

I might be wrong but I think Cullen would miss the next game anyway as it was his 5th yellow of the season. I guess that because he picked up a 2nd yellow, he will now miss the next game but still be only 1 yellow away from another 1 match ban (unless of course we go past the period for 5 yellow suspensions )

They need to look at changing the rules on two yellows, two weeks in a row now we've lost a player to the officials mistake and even when they admit it the player still has to miss a game, stupid as.

Pontyjack said:
I might be wrong but I think Cullen would miss the next game anyway as it was his 5th yellow of the season. I guess that because he picked up a 2nd yellow, he will now miss the next game but still be only 1 yellow away from another 1 match ban (unless of course we go past the period for 5 yellow suspensions )

He has picked up some positively daft yellows this season (one where he tapped a ball that was out of play back onto the pitch delaying a keeper taking his goal kick comes to mind), but neither of the yellows he got last Saturday should have been attributed to him. In both occasions Ashby was the perpetrator and Cullen for once (or twice in this case) did nothing wrong

That ref call was a real head-scratcher. Ashby's move was the problem, not Cullen. Refs can be so hit or miss sometimes.

That red card for Cullen was a real head-scratcher. Ashby's the one who initiated the contact, and Cullen just got caught up in the mess. It's frustrating when refs make such bad calls. I hope the club appeals it and gets it overturned.

2024/2025 fixture list release

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back