• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Norwich fans

CurtessECarr

Tommy Hutchison
Reaction score
Serenading Dean Smith with '' Your football is sh1t. Your football is Sh1t. Dean Smith your football is Sh1t.''
I wonder if the East stand could give us a version?

If I was in the Norwich crowd I'd be starting "We love you Russell, we do"

And hope Delia hears

And who would you like to see replace Russ? I don’t understand where people are coming from with all this sack the manager knee jerk bullshit reaction if we don’t win every single game. By rights we shouldn’t even be competing at this level with the size of our budget, so who on earth would be doing better with his budget and squad right now? Modern football fans are the absolute worst.

Ross said:
And who would you like to see replace Russ? I don’t understand where people are coming from with all this sack the manager knee jerk bullshit reaction if we don’t win every single game. By rights we shouldn’t even be competing at this level with the size of our budget, so who on earth would be doing better with his budget and squad right now? Modern football fans are the absolute worst.

I'm certainly not a "modern football fan" and have been a season ticket holder for near enough 20 years. But I'm bored of the same week in week out. The football has largely destroyed my enjoyment of going to watch us like many others have said. This isn't the newcomers saying this type of thing.

It's not particularly about the league position. It's about the enjoyment and I don't think anyone enjoys 70 percent possession in the last seven games and no wins.

And despite the soundbites to that effect we certainly do not have a bottom six budget. It's nonsense from the chairman. Rotherham, Wigan etc have a bottom six budget but I don't see them splashing over £1m on a centre half from MK Dons or near £500k on a goalkeeper from the same club. Both of which are pulling splinters out of their arse.

Nobody enjoys the players being thrown under the bus game by game for the manager's tactical deficiencies. It's not going to end well, it never does. As for a replacement, there are plenty out there but I'm not in charge therefore I wouldn't be appointing.

But I know a change is needed. His time is up

Ross said:

Wow thought I was knocking on a bit. ''Modern day'' as you quote I can understand. I'd be surprised if the bulk of fans who want him out haven't been following our Swans for decades.
The problem is the ''modern day manager'' who thinks he's the new Pep.
I watched our beloved Swans in the Harry Gregg and Roy Bentley days. Those managers had no budget and the luxury of bringing 1 sub off the bench.

Ross said:

🤣🤣🤣

Ross said:

Well I've been watching since John Hollins was the manager but I want Russ out. Not so modern day.

Ross said:

Hiya Mrs Martin.

A4Jack said:
I'm certainly not a "modern football fan" and have been a season ticket holder for near enough 20 years. But I'm bored of the same week in week out. The football has largely destroyed my enjoyment of going to watch us like many others have said. This isn't the newcomers saying this type of thing.

It's not particularly about the league position. It's about the enjoyment and I don't think anyone enjoys 70 percent possession in the last seven games and no wins.

This post pretty much encapsulates my dissatisfaction at our management attitude and playing style currently. A couple of you older Jacks may know me and, the fact I've been an ever-present at both the Vetch and the Liberty...until a strange, boredom set in.

I suppose the start of my disillusionment began at the pathetic Wembley Play-Off Final v Brentford. Cooper leaving being replaced by Martin and his possession based, insanely boring stubbornness has done nothing to excite me, to ignite the desire to return to watch matches at the 'dot com.'

This I perhaps should add, is my 60th season of devoted, unconditional support for the Swans. I love the club. It's the only thing that's been an obsessional, intrinsic part of my life, all through my life. But at the moment ('bloooturds' match apart), I can't be arsed to go and watch the mind-numbingly boring football style being enforced upon our team.

I probably sound like some 'grumpy old git,' "It was much better in my day sonny!" But while most of my Swans supporting years have seen us in the bottom two tiers of the Football League, it was better in many ways in my opinion. Not always obviously, but there never seemed to be this 'anti-football' attitude, until this recent supposedly innovative possession style was foisted upon us.

I can hear younger supporters asking, why aren't I happy to be within striking distance of the Play-Offs at Christmas? Doesn't that prove how 'Martinball' is successful? No sorry, but it doesn't to me, or many die-hard fans of my era, that I'm in regular communication with on WhatsApp groups etc.

I want to be excited again! Watching us nowadays is akin to a jockey pulling back on the reigns of a racehorse. The way we begin matches is bloody criminal! I read the stat this morning saying how in 23 matches this season, we've been behind at half-time in 11 of them! Why the hell haven't management identified and corrected this for god's sake!???

To return to the racehorse analogy, it's like Martin seems focused on wanting to handicap the team for some weird, illogical reason? Why is it we only appear to show any real attacking intent in the second half? Don't tell me it's because of the nonsense spouted as tiredness. Players in my day, trained, then spent their afternoons in the pub, while smoking 20 fags daily, then gave their heart and soul in matches. With sports science being a vital component of todays game, why the hell can't we play for the full 90 plus minutes!?

I'm destined to continue to watch/listen to Anthony O'Connell, Wyndham, Trunds and Robbo on my mate's stream until all this changes. But based on Martin's comments about how chuffed the Yanks are with the 'progress' being made, I could well continue to be a season ticket holder, but an armchair supporter for quite a while longer yet.

TimBowen said:
This post pretty much encapsulates my dissatisfaction at our management attitude and playing style currently. A couple of you older Jacks may know me and, the fact I've been an ever-present at both the Vetch and the Liberty...until a strange, boredom set in.

I suppose the start of my disillusionment began at the pathetic Wembley Play-Off Final v Brentford. Cooper leaving being replaced by Martin and his possession based, insanely boring stubbornness has done nothing to excite me, to ignite the desire to return to watch matches at the 'dot com.'

This I perhaps should add, is my 60th season of devoted, unconditional support for the Swans. I love the club. It's the only thing that's been an obsessional, intrinsic part of my life, all through my life. But at the moment ('bloooturds' match apart), I can't be arsed to go and watch the mind-numbingly boring football style being enforced upon our team.

I probably sound like some 'grumpy old git,' "It was much better in my day sonny!" But while most of my Swans supporting years have seen us in the bottom two tiers of the Football League, it was better in many ways in my opinion. Not always obviously, but there never seemed to be this 'anti-football' attitude, until this recent supposedly innovative possession style was foisted upon us.

I can hear younger supporters asking, why aren't I happy to be within striking distance of the Play-Offs at Christmas? Doesn't that prove how 'Martinball' is successful? No sorry, but it doesn't to me, or many die-hard fans of my era, that I'm in regular communication with on WhatsApp groups etc.

I want to be excited again! Watching us nowadays is akin to a jockey pulling back on the reigns of a racehorse. The way we begin matches is bloody criminal! I read the stat this morning saying how in 23 matches this season, we've been behind at half-time in 11 of them! Why the hell haven't management identified and corrected this for god's sake!???

To return to the racehorse analogy, it's like Martin seems focused on wanting to handicap the team for some weird, illogical reason? Why is it we only appear to show any real attacking intent in the second half? Don't tell me it's because of the nonsense spouted as tiredness. Players in my day, trained, then spent their afternoons in the pub, while smoking 20 fags daily, then gave their heart and soul in matches. With sports science being a vital component of todays game, why the hell can't we play for the full 90 plus minutes!?

I'm destined to continue to watch/listen to Anthony O'Connell, Wyndham, Trunds and Robbo on my mate's stream until all this changes. But based on Martin's comments about how chuffed the Yanks are with the 'progress' being made, I could well continue to be a season ticket holder, but an armchair supporter for quite a while longer yet.

Think you encapsulate many fans these days. I know many who feel "why bother" especially when weather isn't great. When you feel like the end products isn't worth the output then staying at home is often the better option.

I take my wife and son to games and sometimes my dad. It's the only thing that keeps me going

Saturday’s game against Coventry was the first game I can honestly remember, that I didn’t look out for the result.
I couldn’t be bothered streaming or listening to it.
Me and my wife Went to Cwmdonkin park and had a kick around with my 2 grandkids, much more entertaining.
It wasn’t until I went to the pub in the evening that I heard the score.
The football is boring, but the apathy is worse!

On a lighter note….

At a restaurant called Apathy, they only give you a spoon to eat your food with...

...when I told the owner it was hard to eat my spaghetti he said, "Well... I don't give a fork."

2024/2025 fixture list release

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back