• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Nigel Griffiths

Ferryjack

Youth Team Apprentice
Reaction score
Sad news tonight a massive Swans fan Nigel Griffiths from Briton Ferry has passed away. RIP Nigel

Indeed, fantastic bloke and Swans through and through.

I was speaking to his sister yesterday who was telling me that he was very ill in hospital.

Rest In Peace Nige :(

YJB

Sad news.

As you say, massive Swans fan.

RIP

Having lived in Briton Ferry from 1979 for over 10 years, I got to know Nigel quite well. Being introduced to him one night by my mate Alan Davies (driving instructor in the Ferry). He was always a larger than life character, having a ready sense of humour.

Being a bit of a 'technosaurus' it means I don't have the necessary skills to transfer a really nice message sent to Nigel from Lee Trundle in his role as Swans Ambassador recently. Alan Davies sent it and some photos to my WhatsApp account. It was recognised how he involved himself in so many Swans activities, even watching their training sessions. The photos Alan sent me were of Nigel when Alan visited him at hospital, when it was obvious he was not a well man.

At least Nigel got his reward for steadfastly supporting the Swans for decades, by witnessing the most successful period in the club's history before passing, I know having spoken to him about it how much experiencing that meant to him.

Nigel regularly stopped to chat to me before matches as he made his way to his turnstile entrance, he was always passionate about the Swans and everything related to them. He was as 'genuine a Jack' as you can find, We can't afford to lose supporters of his calibre.

Farewell Nigel boy, hopefully you can watch the Swans matches on TV in the 'Hallelujah Hotel' from now on mate.

Funeral leaving his home at 10am on September 5th they’re doing the pandemic funeral clap in a couple of streets.

Attachments

• FFD6C413-4A0E-432A-BC29-F74D09ED7877.jpeg
    FFD6C413-4A0E-432A-BC29-F74D09ED7877.jpeg
    65.9 KB · Views: 2,724

2024/2025 fixture list release

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members