• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

New Back Up Goalie

Pontyjack

First Team Player
Reaction score
Looks like we need one with Benda out for sone time and needing an operation on his ankle.

Any useful out of contract Goalies we could get ? I hope we are not going to use a loan spot to get someone who hopefully we won’t need to use very often (to the detriment of getting an attacking midfielder and striker)

Issue could be Brexit again on this, https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/spieler/vertragslosespieler/statistik/1/plus//galerie/0?ausrichtung=Torwart&spielerposition_id=alle&land_id=alle&altersklasse=&wettbewerb_id=alle&seit=alle&yt0=Show

This is who is available

Sounds like we are close to making a signing or two

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/55604130

Probably adding 2 and 2 together to get 5 but Nathan Bishop has just signed a new contract with a view to going out on loan

Josh Gould recalled from Barry. https://www.swanseacity.com/news/swansea-city-recall-josh-gould-barry-town-united-loan-spell

3swan said:
Josh Gould recalled from Barry. https://www.swanseacity.com/news/swansea-city-recall-josh-gould-barry-town-united-loan-spell

Recalled because Barry have no games for the foreseeable future so Josh is better off playing a few U23 games back at Swansea. League of Wales postponed until further notice. Josh Gould sat on the Barry bench mostly but did impress in the limited game time he had.
Similar situation with Cardiff recalling Sam Bowen from Barry due to no League of Wales matches.

Badlands said:
Much talk of back-up, why not look for an improvement?

I guess because our current goalkeeper this season has saved four out of seven penalties and has the most clean sheets and best record in the four divisions

Other than that I’m all out

Badlands said:

You've seen our defensive record this season I assume?

PSumbler said:
Badlands said:

Our defence is outstanding but, and I refer to many many posts, the weak spot is Woodman. Two good shot stopping performances recently but, as was mentioned in commentary, should have done better for the Watford goal. All that is good IMO but much debate over his distribution and command.

Badlands said:
PSumbler said:

Our defence is outstanding but, and I refer to many many posts, the weak spot is Woodman. Two good shot stopping performances recently but, as was mentioned in commentary, should have done better for the Watford goal. All that is good IMO but much debate over his distribution and command.

Totally unfair criticism - no defence can be as solid as ours with a weak link. End of story.

And I hate to break this but goalkeepers sometimes let in goals. Sometimes we believe they should have done better. Sometimes they should have done.

But show me a player in our team in the course of history that never made a mistake.

You don't need to be naturally negative, Woodman is more than good enough for what we need.

If Woodman had no weaknesses at all he wouldn’t be on loan at Swansea City.

If Swansea City had a goalkeeper with no weaknesses he wouldn’t be here long.

He’s about as good as we’re going to get at our level and he’s still very young for his position and is likely to get better.

30 apps between 3 clubs before joining us he's a young keeper who will make mistakes just like any young player does.He's a good keeper at this level and will only get better (hopefully).If we get a chance to sign him at a reasonable price we'd be silly to turn it down.

2024/2025 fixture list release

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back