• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Mykolo Kuharevych?

• Thread starter Chief
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 104
  • Views: Views 11,651
Yes, I saw him score a decent goal at Millwall.

We aren't going to bring him on in a tight game by your logic and realistically we aren't going to have any games where we are comfortably winning, so I'd suggest we at least use games where we are getting battered in to at least try and give him some minutes and get him up to speed.
Newq is just posting a lot of contradiction and batting off reasonable posts that deliver clear justification.

Absolutely no reason why Mykolo couldn't come on against Leeds........infact it makes even more sense given the explanation from Newq.

It's all a bit strange but strange seems to be the way this club has been run regarding players for the last handful of seasons.

I thought his presence alone offered something when he came on today.

He's rusty but the fact he hasn't been allowed to play any senior football in 3 months explains that.

What are the odds on LW picking Yates instead of Mykolo tomorrow?

By his pre game press I wouldn't be surprised to see Lowe start
Lowe for me has always been better on the wings where we can properly utilise his pace, after all very few wingers have the stamina to be able to maraud up and down the wings the whole game. Even Ronald we have seen typically tires after about 70 or so minutes.

Way I see it Lowe and the Arsenal winger we signed should be looked at as another pair of wingers alongside Ronald and Placheta which we can use to keep the energy levels fresh and keep opposing fullbacks/wingbacks honest for the whole 90 minutes.

Up front is where Cullen belongs and he should be fighting for that spot alongside Kukharevych and Yates. Yates is the elder statesman among the three and ideally who the other two should be learning from but his ability to impact a game has been growing worse and worse for months, whether that is due to a lack of confidence or simply not enjoying himself at the club rather than a lack of quality is anyone's guess.

Can anyone genuinely say that Kuharevych would have had less of an impact on the game today than the strikers that play? It's bordering on negligent that we have a 6ft 5 plus option that's ignored now.

Cullen and Yates especially will never work playing up front on their own, let alone in this system with crosses in the air from the wingers, surely that's obvious to Williams? Why is he persisting?

What's this guy got to do to get on the pitch? Yates was worse than useless - again. Surely it's time to give him a go.
I honestly thought this was a post from today. Best aged post on the Board.

Can anyone genuinely say that Kuharevych would have had less of an impact on the game today than the strikers that play? It's bordering on negligent that we have a 6ft 5 plus option that's ignored now.

Cullen and Yates especially will never work playing up front on their own, let alone in this system with crosses in the air from the wingers, surely that's obvious to Williams? Why is he persisting?

So many questions this season but this top of the list

There's got to be a deeper story here. He picked up 'a knock' earlier in season but then wasn't seen for 3 months. Now he's apparently injured again, but we let go away with Ukraine u23 side and he plays for them.

Williams made some remark in the fans forum about football being more than heading when asked why Kuharevych never gets a chance. Well that one facet alone would have exceeded what Yates and Cullen combined offered today. Bizarre.

3 managers haven't picked him, given our other striking options he must be shockingly poor

3 managers haven't picked him, given our other striking options he must be shockingly poor
How bad can he be? He hasn't set the world alight in his brief appearances but he scored a decent header from a cross at Millwall, had that really sharp turn and half volley at Preston out of nothing. It can't be anything to do with his ability. His physical attributes alone offer us something we need. We cross a lot and we know he can head the ball.

Final quarter of the game looming at home against an all ready relegated side at 0-0. And again we were putting in a lot of aerial crosses that Cullen understandably was not getting much joy with.

But the big man not even sent out to warm up.

He has played on 10 league games this season. Could it be that we have to pay Troyes extra if he exceeds 10 league appearances this season!?

2024/2025 fixture list release

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back