• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Mondays Second Goal

Copamundial

Alan Waddle
Reaction score
A thing of real beauty, almost up there with that goal against Fulham,some still think we’re not making any progress but that goal highlighted how far we’ve come since Cooperball.

Copamundial said:
A thing of real beauty, almost up there with that goal against Fulham,some still think we’re not making any progress but that goal highlighted how far we’ve come since Cooperball.

I was reading a Tweet earlier from a regular poster on here who - rightly - pointed out that it was a great goal but we cannot give all the plaudits for a great goal without remembering that we have also given away some comedy goals at the same time.

A good goal and lets see more of them- more of the last four games and less of the previous twenty

PSumbler said:
I was reading a Tweet earlier from a regular poster on here who - rightly - pointed out that it was a great goal but we cannot give all the plaudits for a great goal without remembering that we have also given away some comedy goals at the same time.

A good goal and lets see more of them- more of the last four games and less of the previous twenty

That’s fair enough, but , we’ve also played some fantastic football even in defeat, unfortunately some posters simply can’t admit that fact.

Watching us beat that press on Monday was poetry in motion, let’s see what another season of Martin can produce, unless of course scrathyarse is right which I very much doubt.

Copamundial said:
That’s fair enough, but , we’ve also played some fantastic football even in defeat, unfortunately some posters simply can’t admit that fact.

Watching us beat that press on Monday was poetry in motion, let’s see what another season of Martin can produce, unless of course scrathyarse is right which I very much doubt.

Cannot deny we have played some good football at times

But again, for balance, we have played some spectacularly dull football as well.

PSumbler said:

But again, for balance, we have played some spectacularly dull football as well.
thats the odd thing for me and has been for most of the last two seasons its either very good or very dull nothing in between.

PSumbler said:

Look at the squad of players Martin has had at his disposal, to get them to play that level of football is a remarkable achievement, compare the current squad with those that Cooper and Potter had to work with…night and day.
You are bound to make mistakes and get inconsistent performances when you’re trying to make a silk purse out of a sows ear ( no disrespect to the current players ) evolution not revolution…isn’t that the saying.

Copamundial said:

Dear me.

PSumbler said:

Agree Phil.
We have occasionally played some good stuff as we did last season. But our charitable defending has cost us big time. We have 3 clean sheets in our last 4 games which is also pleasing but there are still only 4 teams with a worse defense.
So yes let's enjoy the good bits as they are far outnumbered by the bad bits.

Copamundial said:
Look at the squad of players Martin has had at his disposal, to get them to play that level of football is a remarkable achievement, compare the current squad with those that Cooper and Potter had to work with…night and day.
You are bound to make mistakes and get inconsistent performances when you’re trying to make a silk purse out of a sows ear ( no disrespect to the current players ) evolution not revolution…isn’t that the saying.

Or alternatively you play to the strengths of the players at your disposal

CurtessECarr said:
Agree Phil.
We have occasionally played some good stuff as we did last season. But our charitable defending has cost us big time. We have 3 clean sheets in our last 4 games which is also pleasing but there are still only 4 teams with a worse defense.
So yes let's enjoy the good bits as they are far outnumbered by the bad bits.

Very well put

Copamundial said:
What’s up scratchy?

Nothing. Who was that idiot that had a hardon for Cooper after he left? Was that you? Seems like you’re nursing a semi for Martin now.

Manselton Jack said:
Or alternatively you play to the strengths of the players at your disposal

Really? I thought the point of bringing in any manager is to try and improve the squad of players he has and to impose his footballing philosophy….unless you’re Chelsea and Lampard that is.

Itchysphincter said:
Nothing. Who was that idiot that had a hardon for Cooper after he left? Was that you? Seems like you’re nursing a semi for Martin now.

Ah..idiot, Superfan and not to forget ..,Legend since 73, you keep scratching your labradors hot dog scratchy.

Copamundial said:
Ah..idiot, Superfan and not to forget ..,Legend since 73, you keep scratching your labradors hot dog scratchy.

Oh, I appear to offended you somehow. 🤷‍♂️. I’m sorry.

:lol:

2024/2025 fixture list release

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back