• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Major Breakthrough

BLAZE

Tommy Hutchison
Reaction score
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-11533391/A-major-breakthrough-decade-long-quest-harness-nuclear-fusion-announced-TODAY.html

Could unlock unlimited clean energy

BLAZE said:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-11533391/A-major-breakthrough-decade-long-quest-harness-nuclear-fusion-announced-TODAY.html

Could unlock unlimited clean energy

Hugely important. A way to go, but fusion (in effect how the sun releases energy) is far safer and efficient than a fission reaction. Makes everything else redundant.

Professor said:
Makes everything else redundant.

Those of a conspiratorial persuasion will see that as a problem. Lots of money to be made but I imagine lots to be lost too not just in oil and gas but in renewables. Long way off yet I know

I'm sure this is the future, but I suspect we'll all be pushing up the daisies by the time this is anywhere near commercial.
Can you imagine the people of the future talking about us and laughing "yes, it's true, they used to have big metal stoves in their house burning WOOD!!!".

Pegojack said:
I'm sure this is the future, but I suspect we'll all be pushing up the daisies by the time this is anywhere near commercial.
Can you imagine the people of the future talking about us and laughing "yes, it's true, they used to have big metal stoves in their house burning WOOD!!!".

That's if the log burners haven't rendered Planet Earth uninhabitable for humans by then

This isn't going to make a difference during our lifetimes is it?

Certainly won't lower my bastard gas bill for a while :lol:

Neath_Jack said:
This isn't going to make a difference during our lifetimes is it?

Certainly won't lower my bastard gas bill for a while :lol:

I wouldn't have thought so no. However it does give me hope that we may actually be leaving a world to our children and grandchildren that isn't f**ked beyond all repair. Then again, I'm probably a naive optimist...

2024/2025 fixture list release

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back