• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Liam Walsh may have played last game for club following new injury setback ...

Liam Walsh has got everything a Great midfielder should possess, except freedom from injury. Joe Allen has similarly been dogged with lengthy injury absences, which is how we got here!

Has he ever had a consistent run of games in his career? I'm guess that he must have at some point, but these injuries seem to have well and truly taken their toll on him, mentally as well as bodily I suspect.

Massive shame for the lad, he's a talented player and an excellent play maker.

Has he ever had a consistent run of games in his career? I'm guess that he must have at some point, but these injuries seem to have well and truly taken their toll on him, mentally as well as bodily I suspect.

Massive shame for the lad, he's a talented player and an excellent play maker.
According to his Wiki page, he's started 105 games in 8 season which averages about 13 games per season. That includes 34 for Coventry in 19/20 season. To put that into perspective, he's played 26 for us in nearly 3 seasons so even if he had a consistent run at Coventry that was 4 seasons ago and probably didn't amount to much. A real shame. Don't think those figures include sub appearances.

Didn’t work out. Worth the initial punt, not sure it was worth the renewals. His body can’t hack professional football.
I'm not sure it was worth an initial punt - on the terms that he came in on. 3 year deal on decent wages (I think), was never likely to turn out to be shrewd business considering his injury history.

I'm not sure it was worth an initial punt - on the terms that he came in on. 3 year deal on decent wages (I think), was never likely to turn out to be shrewd business considering his injury history.
Oh in that case no. I thought it was one year and renewed.

Astonishingly someone at the club thought it would be a good idea to give him a 3year contract:

Amazingly the official site announcement makes a few references to his poor injury record:

"He returned to Bristol City, but thigh and hamstring injuries limited him to just three appearances last season."

Crazy.

I can understand taking a punt on him as a free transfer because he's clearly a talented footballer but whoever sanctioned a 3 year deal needs a slap.
Couldn't have been a manager decision, Cooper had gone & we were nowhere near appointing Martin 🤔

Astonishingly someone at the club thought it would be a good idea to give him a 3year contract:

Amazingly the official site announcement makes a few references to his poor injury record:

"He returned to Bristol City, but thigh and hamstring injuries limited him to just three appearances last season."

Crazy.
No surprise from me, it's the Swansea way innit.

Gutting for him, that 5-6 game period where we actually had him fit you could see that there was a player of real talent in there. He just can't tie his shoe laces without pulling a hernia.

Start of Euro 2024

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back