• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Leeds support in South Wales

Thers been a few empty seats around by us last few games, if thers leeds fans ( local or not) that fancy making themselves heard, come shake my hand ill give you a nice welcome.
Cvnts.
I know of several going and sitting in ‘our seats’ 🤷🏼‍♂️🙄

It was as much a fashion thing in the 70s, the way Leeds would line up with those warm up jackets, they were a huge trend.

Not to mention the welsh connection over the years,

Charles, Sprake, Yorath, Speed, Flynn

The first football kid my parents ever bought me was a Leeds United kit, don't ask my why because I didn't have the slightest interest in them...
Same here in 71 as a 4 year old my dad got me a Leeds kit, he wasn't really into footie, he made up for it a couple of years later by taking me to watch the Swans, I nagged him to do it, the rest as they say is history......

When I was in school, had to have a 'first division' team as well as Swans (who nobody dreamed would ever compete in that space, so two separate worlds really). So in those days of the early 70s it was all Arse, ManU, Livertool, Leeds or some strange kids that opted Chelsea. Leeds were my choice. Loved that team with Bremner, Hunter, Giles Jones, Lorimer, Clarke, Gray. Then I grew up and grew out of it.

I suppose some never do and 'support' these teams despite never having been near Anfield, Elland Rd or Old Trafford. It's like a 12 year old boy having a crush on Jenny Agutter (yep, guilty) but then never growing out of it. A bit sad and a bit pathetic.
Sounds about right. Had a Leeds shirt around '73 in Neath (was given a Chelsea one by a relative too) and moved on to Liverpool by '76. First Swans shirt was the adidas one in 1979/80. Never been to Elland Road but have been to both Anfield and Stamford Bridge (along with The Den and Manor Ground) to watch non-Swansea games-when I lived in London and Oxford.

When I was in school, had to have a 'first division' team as well as Swans (who nobody dreamed would ever compete in that space, so two separate worlds really). So in those days of the early 70s it was all Arse, ManU, Livertool, Leeds or some strange kids that opted Chelsea. Leeds were my choice. Loved that team with Bremner, Hunter, Giles Jones, Lorimer, Clarke, Gray. Then I grew up and grew out of it.

I suppose some never do and 'support' these teams despite never having been near Anfield, Elland Rd or Old Trafford. It's like a 12 year old boy having a crush on Jenny Agutter (yep, guilty) but then never growing out of it. A bit sad and a bit pathetic.
Do you watch Call the Midwife then, Mon? She's only 71 now (same age as me btw) or have you only seen her skinny dipping in Walkabout?

Do you watch Call the Midwife then, Mon? She's only 71 now (same age as me btw) or have you only seen her skinny dipping in Walkabout?
I watched Walkabout, Logan's Run and Equus quite a few times K, purely for artistic reasons you understand...

Last edited:
Only on here could you find Call the Midwife worked into a thread about Leeds United support in South Wales!
Fantastic 😂

I know loads of Leeds fans from South West Wales, quite a few do a couple of trips to Elland Road per season and they’ll go to the away games in South West. Most are in their 50’s and 60’s, but they’ve passed it on to their kids so there’s a younger element too. I know 5 fans locals who were in the away end last night!

I hate plastics and glory hunters, I’ve taken my son to the Liberty and encouraged him to support the Swans, but he’s also got mates who’ve got connections with Cardiff and they’ve swayed him in that direction. Can’t say I’m too happy but I’d rather he support a Welsh team even if it’s Cardiff than support the likes of Liverpool or Man Utd. Glory hunters do my head in, how can people from round here support Real Madrid ffs, people should support their local club.

I know loads of Leeds fans from South West Wales, quite a few do a couple of trips to Elland Road per season and they’ll go to the away games in South West. Most are in their 50’s and 60’s, but they’ve passed it on to their kids so there’s a younger element too. I know 5 fans locals who were in the away end last night!

I hate plastics and glory hunters, I’ve taken my son to the Liberty and encouraged him to support the Swans, but he’s also got mates who’ve got connections with Cardiff and they’ve swayed him in that direction. Can’t say I’m too happy but I’d rather he support a Welsh team even if it’s Cardiff than support the likes of Liverpool or Man Utd. Glory hunters do my head in, how can people from round here support Real Madrid ffs, people should support their local club.
No one seriously can call Leeds fans glory hunters, whatever part of the country they come from.

American Werewolf in London?
Yes, but the assets I was interested in at the time were disappointingly underutilised in that one. Railway children didn’t really hit the spot neither.

2024/2025 fixture list release

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back