• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Late night Christmas shopping.

cmajack

Alan Waddle
Reaction score
Last week before Christmas and hardly any shops doing late night shopping. For the second city in Wales it's an absolute disgrace. No wonder people go out of town or do it online.

It’s probably the other way round. Most people shop online or out of town so there’s little point in city centre stores staying open longer than they normally would. Probably costs them more than they’d take in.

exiledclaseboy said:
It’s probably the other way round. Most people shop online or out of town so there’s little point in city centre stores staying open longer than they normally would. Probably costs them more than they’d take in.
That may very well be the case but think Cardiff shopping centre is open till 9 or 10 ,can't imagine they shop online any less there.

cmajack said:
That may very well be the case but think Cardiff shopping centre is open till 9 or 10 ,can't imagine they shop online any less there.

They also have far better quality shops than Swansea.

Neath_Jack said:

With people travelling from outside Cardiff (including people from Swansea) to shop there. The wife and I go up most years in late November/early December to do some Christmas shopping. Gifts for various family members from John Lewis food hall, etc. I haven't shopped in Swansea city centre for more years than I can remember other than the odd purchase here or there when I'm in town for work.

Comparing retail in Swansea to Cardiff is pointless as they're so different.

Neath_Jack said:

Aye. Probably not much point in Poundland and Vision Express opening late.

Well it's all been said before. Swansea was at least on a par with Cardiff back in the day. Coach loads of folk from the valleys as well as locals would flock to town. That was pretty much pre internet.
Most folk shop online to bag bargains and for the convenience, such is life today.
Most shops cant afford to stock a large selection these days or give discounts that online stores offer, that is pushing people away. The cost of parking compared to free parking out of town, is also a factor. Morfa is doing well, as is Mc Arthur Glen. Cardiff as mentioned has at least retained some of the larger stores, which brings in the punters. It's all a bit grim.

There are not many less favourable social activities than a trawl around a retail park Christmas shopping.

We did the vast majority of ours online a week last Sunday. With our house being empty all day I can almost hear the neighbour cursing as he takes receipt of one of the twenty odd parcels delivered since then. All present and correct though, only a grub shop to do.

Don’t think I’ve gone out ‘proper’ Xmas shopping for over 15 years now (except for the odd trip to Cardiff with the wife that inevitably turns into a piss up :lol: ). Can’t think of anything worse. Couple of evenings online - job done.

Come on then what food does everyone partake in..

Panettone is for the quims of society
Mince pies are the staple of the working household
Avocado are for the vegan vegetable heads
Cheese selection with specific crackers is where the magic is, bit of branston pickle food of the gods
Turkey curry for after the most boring day of the year

What have I forgot.. maybe trifle and bread and butter pudding

Skippyjack said:

Cheese selection with specific crackers is where the magic is, bit of branston pickle food of the gods

I don’t touch pâté all year round with the exception of Christmas. Opening it on or around the 22nd signifies that Christmas is really upon us.

exiledclaseboy said:

I done most of mine online for my boys and all my shopping for her indoors online. Mrs gone out shopping safternoon and she's still out.

Easier online and you can have a cuppa whilst browsing through stuff online :lol: :lol:

Skippyjack said:

There's a Twat on here who has Turkey Curry for his Christmas dinner ffs :lol:
Cheese and pickle onions with a glass or three of a nice red to wash it down.
Warm Mince Pies with a blob or two of vanilla ice cream, wonderful

Don't go dissing fans of Panettone if you don't mind Skippydo ! Thanks. :lol:

2024/2025 fixture list release

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back