• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Kristian Fletcher gone home?

• Thread starter Chief
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 37
  • Views: Views 4,713

Chief

Lee Trundle
Reaction score
Lots of talk today that he's gone back to the US.

Terrible timing with Ashbys injury as that frees up a loan space and we desperately need something up front.

He's been good with our u21s but Wilson has scored more, is a year older, and is already our player. There's plenty of potential in the academy if Duff wants to use it (or help develop it).

If he was 6'1 maybe Duff would be more interested.

Chief said:
Lots of talk today that he's gone back to the US.

Terrible timing with Ashbys injury as that frees up a loan space and we desperately need something up front.

Gone yes, for thanksgiving is the rumour, whether he comes back is another story.

If we are to rely on bringing the youngsters through and giving them a first team chance, I would rather they were our own players and not helping the Yanks other projects.

That was always a very strange signing. I completely fail to see the logic behind it. Why are we developing someone else's player at that level and blocking the path of one of our own?

NeathJack said:
That was always a very strange signing. I completely fail to see the logic behind it. Why are we developing someone else's player at that level and blocking the path of one of our own?

It’s the Swansea way

NeathJack said:

I didn't like the sound of it at the time but after Iwan Morgan was sold there has been space for a striker in the u21s. Before he arrived first years scholars Woodward and Henia-Kamau were having to step up to that team, a bit early for them. When players have been needed for the bench our own have been included, not that Duff shows any interest in giving them opportunities.

An extended trial not the worst idea in the world, given our track record for signing youngsters for significant fees who are then left to rot (Whittaker, Joseph, Tjoe-A-On).

jasper_T said:
I didn't like the sound of it at the time but after Iwan Morgan was sold there has been space for a striker in the u21s. Before he arrived first years scholars Woodward and Henia-Kamau were having to step up to that team, a bit early for them. When players have been needed for the bench our own have been included, not that Duff shows any interest in giving them opportunities.

An extended trial not the worst idea in the world, given our track record for signing youngsters for significant fees who are then left to rot (Whittaker, Joseph, Tjoe-A-On).

What is the current situation with Tjoe-A-On, thought he was a rising talent who we were lucky to sign :?

Somebody better tell Kristian because he's just scored for the u23's

Cracking win and the youngsters are doing well

https://www.flashscore.co.uk/football/england/professional-development-league/standings/#/nkVhfANB/table/overall

Wilson and Fletcher both on fire for the under 21s, absolutely we need to get both of them in and around the first team setup.
If the theory of Fletcher being kept out by the number of loan signings and Ashby being above him in the pecking order is true then that issue is no longer a problem.

Duff watched half an hour of the second half but missed the goals. Strikers get the headlines but Lissah and Smith are a class above this level, and Parker and Watts are settling in to u21s really well.

He's at it again, two goals in the first 36 minutes :shock:

https://twitter.com/swans_academy/status/1730597107101278606?t=uOfzR94ClUjD3XjDx-Koxw&s=19

It's all getting a bit silly now.

https://twitter.com/swans_academy/status/1730607245979705829

Swanjaxs said:
He's at it again, two goals in the first 36 minutes :shock:

https://twitter.com/swans_academy/status/1730597107101278606?t=uOfzR94ClUjD3XjDx-Koxw&s=19

2024/2025 fixture list release

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back