• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Josh Key

Stopthebus

Youth Team Apprentice
Reaction score
What’s the latest on him? Seems to be very quiet on any news considering he’s probably been our standout player this season

Think the link up with him & Ronald could be special. Quite excited to see this happen

End of February according to this...

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240212_124726_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20240212_124726_Chrome.jpg
    141.3 KB · Views: 18
I don't know if it's our club or a general trend in sport science, but I've noticed much more evasiveness from the club when asked about injured players. There's a reluctance to give any kind of timescale, and often to even confirm the nature of the injury.

I'm sure they want to avoid the pressure on the injured player of being back by 'x date', which is understandable, but often it feels they go to the other extreme and give no info whatsoever. It would be nice to have an update on Key's rehab to see how he's doing.

Didn’t Luke say he was back training in his last presser?

Didn’t Luke say he was back training in his last presser?
No, he said that all was on track with expectations, but not back in training yet. The only one that appears to be close is Harry Darling - all the others are seemingly weeks away (if not longer)

I don't know if it's our club or a general trend in sport science, but I've noticed much more evasiveness from the club when asked about injured players. There's a reluctance to give any kind of timescale, and often to even confirm the nature of the injury.

I'm sure they want to avoid the pressure on the injured player of being back by 'x date', which is understandable, but often it feels they go to the other extreme and give no info whatsoever. It would be nice to have an update on Key's rehab to see how he's doing.
Maybe trying to avoid recurring injuries being made public in case of affecting future value?

We rushed him back last time, and forced him to play 90 minutes when he wasn't ready for it. Our injury record this season is atrocious.

We rushed him back last time, and forced him to play 90 minutes when he wasn't ready for it. Our injury record this season is atrocious.
Indeed.

Much has been said about the lack of a head of sports science and the rumoured brutal training sessions under MD. How much truth there is to that rumour and how much correlation it has to the huge amount of soft tissue non impact injuries we have had is up for debate.

In any case I can't remember a season where we have had such a staggering amount of mid to long term injuries like this one.

2024/2025 fixture list release

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back