• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

John Hollins RIP

Professor

Tommy Hutchison
Reaction score
https://twitter.com/ToshMovie/status/1668924203242864640

A true gent. Did a great job here and will always be fondly remembered.

Sad news this.

RIP Mr Hollins, thanks for the memories.

YJB

😢

Met him up in Rotherham, nice man. Did a good job of getting us out of the bottom division but the step up after that was just too big for him.

RIP

He was the Swans manager when our company was invited by HSBC to attend a game they were sponsoring. He was a really good host to us and had time to chat, especially when he found out that I had been a fan for many years.
RIP.

Is he dead? It's only a few Swansea type accounts on Twitter that seem to be saying it.

My first manager supporting the swans

RIP John

jackjackjackjack said:
Is he dead? It's only a few Swansea type accounts on Twitter that seem to be saying it.

Yes, there is an official announcement by Chelsea FC.

RIP JH, did a very good job for us in very difficult circumstances :(

That's knocked me sideways, although I have to say when the missus and I spoke to John and Linda last summer, he didnt look well to be fair. We have spent a good few afternoons with John, Linda his wife and family over the last 4 or 5 years. Lovely couple,lovely family. Always had time to chat about his time at Swansea and the latest goings on.
Heartfelt condolences to Linda and all the family.
RIP John you will be missed by all.😔

Sad news this. Remember his side of 99/00 grinding out 1-0 wins which ultimately bought us the title.
Moreover a really friendly, approachable person
RIP Mr Hollins

RIP John.

I remember him coming out to chat with the people in the queue when we were waiting to buy West Ham FA Cup tickets. From that brief encounter he seemed a lovely bloke.

When I was young my Dad took me to watch the Swans train.

John was an absolute gent; he came over on his own and spoke to us before introducing me to my favourite players for photos and autographs.

Such a small gesture but meant so much to me.

RIP

I met him down Caswell Bay the Monday after Sousa blew the playoffs. He was in disbelief that we missed out. RIP Mr Hollins.

A really, really nice guy.

4 of us did director for a day. Him and Curt in the hotel bar saying, lads you can go into Scarborough town or if you want to have a few drinks with us. It didn't take long for us to decide to spend the evening in the bar with them.

Four hours later & a lot of drinks made a wonderful evening.

Absolutely gutted.

2024/2025 fixture list release

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back