• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Joe Allen

• Thread starter Jacket
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 27
  • Views: Views 3,079
Look abroad. It’s the only place they can be found and cheaply

"The article in Sportal.bg claims the Sky Blues are one of three English Championship clubs, along with play-off rivals Hull City and mid-table Middlesbrough, who are “monitoring the situation” around the Levski Sofia midfielder, who will be a free agent in the summer when his contract runs out.

Kraev, who is 6ft 3 inches tall, is primarily a holding midfielder but can play further forward in an attacking role,"

We can sign 4 players who wouldn't qualify for a work permit I think. Ronald is 1, not sure how many others we have??
Placheta, Tjoe-a-on and Pedersen are not required to gain WP due to their nations being European Economic Area members.

Mykolo and Ronald, without knowing 100% would appear to require WP.
Please correct me if I am wrong.

Yes he did, let's hope he can stay fit.
Whilst he certainly commanded the midfield yesterday and set up great counter attacks, we both know he isn't going to stay fit or be a regular starter. He's long past it and everyone here knows when we re-signed him that he would be a part timer.

It's a shame because if he was able to still play the majority of games, he's good enough that he could basically carry either Fulton or Grimes (although tbh the Allen/Grimes duo was solid yesterday). Let's hope a we get those positions sorted in the summer.

Still pleased as punch about the result, despite their managerial struggles Sunderland are no joke at home.

Fulton can play a whole season of games as can Grimes. Allen needs a real grafter alongside and was absolutely brilliant against Stunderland. Long may he continue to grace the championship. This may be his Swansong.

Fulton can play a whole season of games as can Grimes. Allen needs a real grafter alongside and was absolutely brilliant against Stunderland. Long may he continue to grace the championship. This may be his Swansong.
Fulton can play a whole season of games, and be completely ineffective in 95 per cent of them . Dreadful player.

Joe has close to 200 premier league and international appearances. Jay less then 20 in the premier league and no full caps.
I would say Joe has done well and Jay is still a decent player.

ps edited due to bad counting.

Last edited:
Joe has close to 200 premier league and international appearances. Jay less then 20 in the premier league and no full caps.
I would say Joe has done well and Jay is still a decent player.

ps edited due to bad counting.
Keeping Joe Allen fit is going to be the key to our survival chances. In both our last 2 games once he gets replaced by that carthorse Fulton the momentum is lost and the pendulum swings away from us.

Joe's reading of the game is head and shoulders above anyone else in our midfield, he cut out so much today just by being in the right place at the right time where he knew the ball was going to be played. A goal and an assist in two games, on top of that as above both times when he was subbed off the momentum totally swung away from us.

Keeping him fit is critical to a strong ending to the season for LW.

Joe's reading of the game is head and shoulders above anyone else in our midfield, he cut out so much today just by being in the right place at the right time where he knew the ball was going to be played. A goal and an assist in two games, on top of that as above both times when he was subbed off the momentum totally swung away from us.

Keeping him fit is critical to a strong ending to the season for LW.
I think he’s got more than 60 mins a week in him. I assume he’s pencilled in as a starter on Wednesday, hence him getting hooked today.

Agreed, with three games in a week I can't think of any other reason to take him off when he was so dominant in midfield.

Fulton can play a whole season of games, and be completely ineffective in 95 per cent of them . Dreadful player.
And proved again today just how dreadful he is

We lost all shape as soon as he was introduced.

The other players need to learn from Joe asap. the way he thinks and gets himself in to position to give and receive a pass is text book stuff. It must be like university for some of the players willing to learn.

On a side note, I have slagged of Kyle numerous times but today his experience was absolutely key (although he may well play in his position next week)

So apart from maybe taking off Joe with the up coming games in mind, what was the reasoning behind the other substitutions

2024/2025 fixture list release

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back