• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

JJ Shevley

monmouth

Roger Freestone
Reaction score
A case study in role model and inspiration. Oxford sure proved that beyond dispute.

Build a team around him. Oh why aye.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2021/nov/19/eddie-howe-to-base-newcastles-play-around-technician-jonjo-shelvey

If Shelvey had a brain he'd be one of the best players in the country.

Dr. Winston said:

I think it’s fair to say he’s capable of things that can leave you astonished, in many ways.

From watching how lazy he is and how feckless he is, I don’t think I’d be building my team around him. I wonder if he’ll be captain.

monmouth said:
I don’t think I’d be building my team around him. I wonder if he’ll be captain.

There's probably quite a few managers out there who fancy their chances at cracking the Shelvey conundrum. When you consider the amount of chances that players like Ravel Morrison have had then Shelvey looks like an easy case.

Bonus Fun Fact, I couldn't remember Ravel Morrison's name (because I'm old and that happens now) so I just Googled "Wayward English midfielder" and he was the third option.

Dr. Winston said:
monmouth said:

There's probably quite a few managers out there who fancy their chances at cracking the Shelvey conundrum. When you consider the amount of chances that players like Ravel Morrison have had then Shelvey looks like an easy case.

Bonus Fun Fact, I couldn't remember Ravel Morrison's name (because I'm old and that happens now) so I just Googled "Wayward English midfielder" and he was the third option.

😁

Dr. Winston said:
monmouth said:

Love your bonus fun fact 😆😆😆😆😆

Remember that own goal against Liverpool, the build up and then the header🙈🙈🙈🤣😂🙈🙈🙈🙈🙈🙈

dickythorpe said:
Remember that own goal against Liverpool, the build up and then the header🙈🙈🙈🤣😂🙈🙈🙈🙈🙈🙈

Yep, and then the goal against Villa at the other extreme. I think football is richer for players like Shelvey. I have a soft spot for players who, when they’re in possession, you don’t have a clue what’s coming next. In most cases those players don’t either.

J_B said:
dickythorpe said:

Yep, and then the goal against Villa at the other extreme. I think football is richer for players like Shelvey. I have a soft spot for players who, when they’re in possession, you don’t have a clue what’s coming next. In most cases those players don’t either.

I always pictured Shelvey as the kind of player that Bodde would have become had he ever played in the PL. An almost even split between Genius/Insanity. Tremendously entertaining in a "Did he really just do that?" kind of way.

dickythorpe said:
I think he had scored for us in that game as well.

He did, a cracker off the underside of the crossbar if I remember correctly

Dr. Winston said:

100% - really enjoyed him when he was on song with us. He really has got it everything he needs to dominate games from within the middle.

2024/2025 fixture list release

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back