• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Jaxxs

Niigata Jack

Roger Freestone
Reaction score
Do you still go to the Marquis ? Customer was telling me this afternoon that there's a App that they got which gives you a discount on their food, apparently he had a pint with a mixed grill which he upgraded with an 8oz steak, while his Mrs had Fish and Chips and a bottle of Wine for £23, seems to good to be true that, 1970's prices that.

Do you still go to the Marquis ? Customer was telling me this afternoon that there's a App that they got which gives you a discount on their food, apparently he had a pint with a mixed grill which he upgraded with an 8oz steak, while his Mrs had Fish and Chips and a bottle of Wine for £23, seems to good to be true that, 1970's prices that.
Still go over the Marquis quite regularly Max, went over on Wednesday night as we are on leave and couldn't get a table it was so busy, the prices have gone up on the food slightly but still value for money, the missus has got the app on her phone and uses it all the time.
This is the app ⬇️

Still go over the Marquis quite regularly Max, went over on Wednesday night as we are on leave and couldn't get a table it was so busy, the prices have gone up on the food slightly but still value for money, the missus has got the app on her phone and uses it all the time.
This is the app ⬇️

Nice One Jaxxs.

Also if your drinking Carling get it pulled into a Stella glass because the Carling glasses are old and the beer comes out flat as a witches tit 😁
(Not that you'd drink that muck)

Also if your drinking Carling get it pulled into a Stella glass because the Carling glasses are old and the beer comes out flat as a witches tit 😁
(Not that you'd drink that muck)
Not a lager drinker generally Swanny, if they haven't a beer I fancy I usually have a Guinness failing that a bottle of spring water.
I will have a Madri, San Miguel or a Moretti occasionally

Not a lager drinker generally Swanny, if they haven't a beer I fancy I usually have a Guinness failing that a bottle of spring water.
I will have a Madri, San Miguel or a Moretti occasionally
Whatever you do don't get stung for a bottle of Corona in the Marquis! £4.75 😒

That'll never happen again... 🫣

I felt like crying tbh.
Dear me, I remember going in the White Rose after Covid to watch a Liverpool Game and paying £5.20 for a pint, I had one each half and made them last, strewth.

London was expensive last Autumn for a beer, but you expect it there I suppose, most beers were over 6 quid.

Dear me, I remember going in the White Rose after Covid to watch a Liverpool Game and paying £5.20 for a pint, I had one each half and made them last, strewth.

London was expensive last Autumn for a beer, but you expect it there I suppose, most beers were over 6 quid.
£6.50 for a pint of Madri at the Oxwich Bay Hotel this afternoon Max 😢

Somebody enjoyed himself though ...

Attachments

• IMG-20240405-WA0002.jpg
    IMG-20240405-WA0002.jpg
    447.2 KB · Views: 12
Popped into Tesco Llansamlet on way home from work for a bottle of Red, Mrs dis the shopping at Tesco Neath, but phoned to say she could see the wine we like, was after a Merlot to have with our steak we normally buy one of Yellow Tails reds or one of Tesco's finest, but there was a poor selection in both, but I saw that Apothic has a Merlot now so bought that and a Merlot from the Dark Horse range, trying the Apothic and its game changer fair play its a beauty, plenty of body with a slight smokey flavour, Lovely it is.

Popped into Tesco Llansamlet on way home from work for a bottle of Red, Mrs dis the shopping at Tesco Neath, but phoned to say she could see the wine we like, was after a Merlot to have with our steak we normally buy one of Yellow Tails reds or one of Tesco's finest, but there was a poor selection in both, but I saw that Apothic has a Merlot now so bought that and a Merlot from the Dark Horse range, trying the Apothic and its game changer fair play its a beauty, plenty of body with a slight smokey flavour, Lovely it is.
Co-op Prosecco over the road does the missus, £7.50 😁

£6.50 for a pint of Madri at the Oxwich Bay Hotel this afternoon Max 😢

Somebody enjoyed himself though ...
He's a fine handsome chap, bloody cold down there today I bet, was working outside up at Caersalem safternoon bloody froze in that wind.

2024/2025 fixture list release

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back