• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Is time up for Duff? It seems that maybe the case – one more game?

Many companies use former senior employees as consultants on a freelance basis. Why the feck haven’t the Yanks approached Curt?

He sorted their Bobbly mess.

FearOfAJackPlanet said:
I think all this picking apart everything he says to the press is a little petulant. "Oooo, he said this at the presser, gather round and pile on everyone". I get it, we get emotional when things are going badly, but it's nonsense.

That aside, we are in a pickle. I think everyone, Duff, the fans, the owners and the players underestimated how big of a change it would be to bring in a gritty Sean Dyche acolyte to succeed 2 years of Martinball. The clash of styles and approaches seems so stark it's visible from space. I don't think Paul Watson gives a rats arse about playing 'good' football, and the owners probably don't either - they just want a 'results guy' (perfectly rational), and that's why we ended up with Duff, but it may have been too much of a reach.

If given time, I think Duff would probably turn this around. But we're a very hard nut to crack for him - and I'm not sure we can afford him the time he needs to crack it unless we see clear signs of improvement against Shed Weds.

Apologies for my petulance and opinions on a forum designed just for that 🙄

One serious problem, ok, another serious problem, is that once the players know they can get rid of someone they don't 'like', especially if it's Grimes pining for Captain Bullshit, you're on a slippery slope.

monmouth said:
One serious problem, ok, another serious problem, is that once the players know they can get rid of someone they don't 'like', especially if it's Grimes pining for Captain Bullshit, you're on a slippery slope.

We should bin Grimes as well as duff

Nocountryforoldjack said:
We should bin Grimes as well as duff

Something in that to be honest, he has looked very disinterested in a good few games so far, has sort of appeared petulant, and as a captain of a squad that’s no good, a manager will pick a captain on many considered strengths, but I can see Grimes could well be an issue too as he may be influential over proceedings, as we aren’t playing to his strengths, in that I can see both sides of the story, however, you still want the player who’s captain to act professionally and try their best and get others to follow, I don’t see that from Grimes personally at the moment.

2024/2025 fixture list release

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back