• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

"Going Forward" and other wank "Businessisms"

I can't stand feckers (usually on tv quiz shows) who answer questions about themselves with 'so'.

"What do you do in your spare time, Dave?"

"So, I like to smear marmalade over my balls and w*nk over pictures of Miriam Margoles"
Worse than starting off with 'so', is people, especially men, who start off with 'I mean'. More prevalent on social media than in the spoken word though.

Worse than starting off with 'so', is people, especially men, who start off with 'I mean'. More prevalent on social media than in the spoken word though.
Can add ‘Look,…’ to that list. Normally wanky politicians trying to sound authoritative. Could also add ‘Like I said…’ yep looking at you Bren.

While we’re on it, saying ‘like’ every other word or ‘kind of’ all the time grinds my gears too.

My pet hates:

"From the getgo" just a fecking annoying Americanism

"Centres around" No, you can revolve around or centre on

"The proof is in the pudding" err, no the proof of the pudding is in the eating

"It's a mute point" No it isn't, it could be a moot point though

I remember in work many years ago, my boss berated me saying I needed to see the 'bigger picture". Nicking one of Frank Furillo's lines from "Hill Street Blues" I retorted "but I'm in a small picture job"

Some are trying to get the Britishness out of us, old habits are old hat etc, maybe for you cobber, but not for me so fukoff :cool::D

My pet hates:

"From the getgo" just a fecking annoying Americanism

"Centres around" No, you can revolve around or centre on

"The proof is in the pudding" err, no the proof of the pudding is in the eating

I remember in work many years ago, my boss berated me saying I needed to see the 'bigger picture". Nicking one of Frank Furillo's lines from "Hill Street Blues" I retorted "but I'm in a small picture job"
Arggh, yes to 1). It’s from the start or beginning you Yankee knob.

As to 4). I guess we’d have to ask Mootswan.

I can't stand feckers (usually on tv quiz shows) who answer questions about themselves with 'so'.

"What do you do in your spare time, Dave?"

"So, I like to smear marmalade over my balls and w*nk over pictures of Miriam Margoles"
My nephew was born in the USA and moved to the UK when he was about 7 I think but he still has an American accent and often starts a sentence with 'So' but it doesn't sound so strange or annoying with his accent. BTW he also has a Swans ST 👍😁

My nephew was born in the USA and moved to the UK when he was about 7 I think but he still has an American accent and often starts a sentence with 'So' but it doesn't sound so strange or annoying with his accent. BTW he also has a Swans ST 👍😁
Tell him he’s single-handedly responsible for ruining everything.

🤣

We could also blame Uncle Sam for so many Theme Day , got to buy a card and flowers asap , that special day .
Traders are so well prepared for the mass outcry for chocs , they know a money maker is on the way .

Black Friday , imported from across The Pond is another farce , winner is Amazon by a country mile .

Btw , take on board inclusion and tolerance in the now , all ideas and suggestions on the table . discuss in your teams and highlight on the flip chart . Enough from me please , let me out of here .

The old saying , bullshite baffles brains , think we as a team are open to new ideas and alterative solutions .

Are you sure it isn't a 'moo point'? It's like a cow's opinion. You know, it doesn't matter. It's moo. ;)

We could also blame Uncle Sam for so many Theme Day , got to buy a card and flowers asap , that special day .
Traders are so well prepared for the mass outcry for chocs , they know a money maker is on the way .

Black Friday , imported from across The Pond is another farce , winner is Amazon by a country mile .

You can add these ridiculous school proms to the list of nonsense imported from the states.

Norwich City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back