• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Fulton yellow card tackle

Pacemaker

Alan Waddle
Reaction score
I thought at the time it was a terrific tackle and he got the ball cleanly, i have not seen it again on the highlights, i have seen the Patino challenges and don’t get two yellows just Madeley having a complete lack of empathy for the game. The Sunderland player also completely over reacted to the foul if it was a foul.

The Matt Grimes terrific full blown attempt for the ball with the Sunderland player could probably have been heard in the Marina, and was quite rightly adjudged as two players having a hard tackle nothing less or more.

If anyone has seen the yellow card tackle with Fulton was it a foul? I was more or less in line of sight of it and it just looked a terrific tackle to me and he cleanly got the ball. It was just sheer determination from Fulton to win that ball.

A bit of doubt has now entered my mind as it wasn’t shown on the official highlights, mind you neither was the “foul” by Ashby in the last few minutes on the edge of the box which i have seen and apart from a very slight hand on the shoulder there was no reason for the Sunderland player to go down, certainly not a foul.

https://twitter.com/garethhunt21/status/1720849039913099272?s=46&t=C4Llgu9ErzzXsfKGJEriyQ

Thanks mate, as i thought Jay clearly got the ball if you were to be generous to Madeley the follow through from Jay looked a bit high but the Sunderland player again made a meal of it, not surprising as Pato was going in on goal as a result of that tackle and pass.

Pacemaker said:
Thanks mate, as i thought Jay clearly got the ball if you were to be generous to Madeley the follow through from Jay looked a bit high but the Sunderland player again made a meal of it, not surprising as Pato was going in on goal as a result of that tackle and pass.

It wasn't even a tackle. Jay got to the ball well before the Sunderland player and simply played the ball to Pato and was completely under control, the Sunderland player then fell over him, never a foul in my eyes.

karnataka said:
It wasn't even a tackle. Jay got to the ball well before the Sunderland player and simply played the ball to Pato and was completely under control, the Sunderland player then fell over him, never a foul in my eyes.

Just another one of a series of terrible decisions from an incompetent referee

He was itching to give Rushworth a yellow card for about half an hour as well even telling him twice to hurry up when the game was stopped for subs to be made

PSumbler said:
Just another one of a series of terrible decisions from an incompetent referee

He was itching to give Rushworth a yellow card for about half an hour as well even telling him twice to hurry up when the game was stopped for subs to be made

He clearly connects with the follow through studs up? Madley perfectly positioned for once.

The Ashby ‘foul’ was ridiculous. As was O’nion not getting two yellows (three actually). He’s a shit ref, but I think, under the laws, he got that one right. Dangerous play by Jay.

karnataka said:

Exactly. The decision to penalise Fulton for playing the ball then a second later having a Sunderland player fall over his foot was laughable

monmouth said:
He clearly connects with the follow through studs up? Madley perfectly positioned for once.

The Ashby ‘foul’ was ridiculous. As was O’nion not getting two yellows (three actually). He’s a s**t ref, but I think, under the laws, he got that one right. Dangerous play by Jay.

I'm with Monny on this one. Yes, the Sunderland player knew he wasn't going to get there and looked for the contact, but Fulton's foot was high and made contact. Some ref's would have even considered that dangerous play and worthy of a red. Look at the one angle on the video NJ posted above.

Madley's incompetent, but he got that one right.

Let's be honest, we knew this guy had form before he rocked up yesterday.
Is anyone remotely surprised at what happened yesterday?

JackSomething said:
I'm with Monny on this one. Yes, the Sunderland player knew he wasn't going to get there and looked for the contact, but Fulton's foot was high and made contact. Some ref's would have even considered that dangerous play and worthy of a red. Look at the one angle on the video NJ posted above.

Madley's incompetent, but he got that one right.

He got the ball and Sunderland player went looking for the outstretched leg. Ridiculous decision and cost us a goal scoring opportunity. But as Cooperman says - hardly a surprise given that it was Madley.

JackSomething said:
" the Sunderland player knew he wasn't going to get there and looked for the contact

OK, and which part of that was Jay Fulton's fault exactly? I'm confused.

karnataka said:
OK, and which part of that was Jay Fulton's fault exactly? I'm confused.

Jay's foot that got the ball was fine, the other one was raised pretty high and made contact with the player's leg. The Sunderland player was clever and it was harsh on Jay, but I don't think many referees would let that one go and I do think some would have seen it as serious foul play ('in danger of injuring his opponent when challenging for the ball') and sent him off.

If that was the other way round, I don't think any of us would be arguing it wasn't a foul.

All about opinions though and at least we're all agreed that Madley is a useless c**t.

JackSomething said:
Jay's foot that got the ball was fine, the other one was raised pretty high and made contact with the player's leg. The Sunderland player was clever and it was harsh on Jay, but I don't think many referees would let that one go and I do think some would have seen it as serious foul play ('in danger of injuring his opponent when challenging for the ball') and sent him off.

If that was the other way round, I don't think any of us would be arguing it wasn't a foul.

All about opinions though and at least we're all agreed that Madley is a useless c**t.

Ok, I don't want to labour the point but if Jay's momentum had been in the direction of the player, I would probably be agreeing with you but it wasn't, Jay's momentum was almost at 90 degrees to the direction of their player and he took the ball 100% cleanly as there wasn't a tackle to be made. The Sunderland man got there after the ball had gone and went over Jay's outstretched leg. Happens all the time, 2 people going for the ball and one of them clearly gets there first and the other player clatters into him. Sometimes someone gets a knock as a result (or at least reacts as if he has) and sometimes neither of them gets hurt. Jay 100% knew he was going to get clattered and that he could have been hurt and everyone would be saying how late the Sunderland player's challenge was after the ball had gone.

And yes, I do agree that Madley is a useless c**t. :D

karnataka said:
Ok, I don't want to labour the point but if Jay's momentum had been in the direction of the player, I would probably be agreeing with you but it wasn't, Jay's momentum was almost at 90 degrees to the direction of their player and he took the ball 100% cleanly as there wasn't a tackle to be made. The Sunderland man got there after the ball had gone and went over Jay's outstretched leg. Happens all the time, 2 people going for the ball and one of them clearly gets there first and the other player clatters into him. Sometimes someone gets a knock as a result (or at least reacts as if he has) and sometimes neither of them gets hurt. Jay 100% knew he was going to get clattered and that he could have been hurt and everyone would be saying how late the Sunderland player's challenge was after the ball had gone.

And yes, I do agree that Madley is a useless c**t. :D

When I saw it first I thought 'oh fuck off madley', but the law is (or was) pretty clear I think, you can't go into any challenge for the ball studs up, even accidentally. There is no dispensation for events such as what the opponent does or whether you mean it. Jay went in (or ended up) studs up. By the letter of the law, it might even have been red. I'm sure Mike Dean would have sent him off, just for fun.

That said, I haven't checked the laws lately.

monmouth said:
When I saw it first I thought 'oh f**k off madley', but the law is (or was) pretty clear I think, you can't go into any challenge for the ball studs up, even accidentally. There is no dispensation for events such as what the opponent does or whether you mean it. Jay went in (or ended up) studs up. By the letter of the law, it might even have been red. I'm sure Mike Dean would have sent him off, just for fun.

I’m with Karna on this - there wasn’t a tackle to be made as their player hadn’t even got there when the ball was played. It was in no way towards him (ie at 90 degrees he was going away from him ) so the Sunderland player lifted his leg up to avoid contact in the aftermath.
I mean where do you draw the line ? Personally if, when the ball was played , Fulton’s feet weren’t endangering their player surely that cannot be classed as a foul? If their player had left his foot in snd caught Jay then surely the burden of responsibility is on him for a late contact?
That said, I haven't checked the laws lately.

2024/2025 fixture list release

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back