• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Frustration doesn't come close Steve

PSumbler

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Steve Cooper says he was frustrated after the 2-2 draw at Nottingham Forest but I am not sure that frustration comes close to how he should be feeling after watching his side just about throw away their play off chances in a little over 72 hour period.

Read more here...

2020-06-27T000000Z_836924738_RC2PHH9HIWB3_RTRMADP_3_SOCCER-ENGLAND-SWA-LUT-REPORT-scaled.jpg

One point from a possible six, home game v Bristol City to come, four points tops from the next two games, potentially three, in reality two.

Phil - That photo sums him up. Casual, sloppy and uninspiring. The trio of Cooper, Marsh and Tate must be the least vocal and inspiring coaching teams in the dug out. These lockdown games have really shown how other coaches bark at, coax and encourage their teams.

In comparison, Cooper and Co cut a frustrating scene.

I was a bit frustrated they left it until the 85th minute against Forest to liven it up and then he cocked it by taking Brewster off.

There’s clearly and issue with Celina who did naff all and Mulder who was time wasting in injury time.

Amoebi is a cracking player and he deserved the first goal but it was criminal to allow him time and space for the second.

Cooper out! He’s a charlatan.

Cooper is shit.

He’ll have another season to prove it again, and we’ll be kicking around the arse end of the table. Or he’ll get better, I suppose. Not going to hold my breath as he’s not improved or learned anything over one whole season. Dud.

Cup half full version - we are not ready to go up, and I'd rather see us finish strongly with good performances outside the play offs, and build on that for next season - just like we did the season before we went up last time. Cooper needs to learn fast from mistakes though, starting with admitting them in the first place, as well as working on his man management skills. In his post Leeds interview, he mentioned "tired legs" but only admitted to "possibly" not getting the subs quite right. He would have taken more responsibility, and better protected the players, had he been more honest. There'll be comings and goings at season end of course, but there always are.

monmouth said:
Cooper is shit.

He’ll have another season to prove it again, and we’ll be kicking around the arse end of the table. Or he’ll get better, I suppose. Not going to hold my breath as he’s not improved or learned anything over one whole season. Dud.

Pretty succinct but bang on the money.However,there are fans who see him doing a great job ,quite how I don't know cos to me he is pitiful .

I stated he was our worst manager and stand by that.Cullis was with us for 7 days so really can't count and Bob B was with is for 11 games and we won 2 and drew some.We were nowhere near as flaky as we've seen with Steve.

We conceded 4 at Hull City who were appalling and ARE appalling,apart from when they played us. That is a true measure .

Until he goes ,we wont progress on the field .

Jinxy said:
Cup half full version - we are not ready to go up, and I'd rather see us finish strongly with good performances outside the play offs, and build on that for next season - just like we did the season before we went up last time. Cooper needs to learn fast from mistakes though, starting with admitting them in the first place, as well as working on his man management skills. In his post Leeds interview, he mentioned "tired legs" but only admitted to "possibly" not getting the subs quite right. He would have taken more responsibility, and better protected the players, had he been more honest. There'll be comings and goings at season end of course, but there always are.

That would be fine if we had any players left next year. Getting up this year, and we should have had a shot at it with a half decent manager would have given us the money to build when we fell back down, humilificated.

We ain’t building naff all next year.

monmouth said:
Jinxy said:

That would be fine if we had any players left next year. Getting up this year, and we should have had a shot at it with a half decent manager would have given us the money to build when we fell back down, humilificated.

We ain’t building naff all next year.
We'll see - it is what it is and many clubs will be in a similar boat, some worse. Personally, I'm glad someone like Birch is at the helm. Cooper's all we can afford and he was appointed for managing kids, and contacts. He frustrates the life out of me too, but I do see glimpses of hope in some of our performances, especially the last 2. Yes, Cooper probably cost us some points but the formation and performance - he must deserve some credit no? If we went up, and got smashed, there's a chance we'd fall through the divisions - again. Let's go up the right way.

Marsh seems the let down for me. Thought he would bring a lot more to the table tbh...a bit uninspiring...

We are going nowhere with Cooper.
Better to cut him lose now.
I'd have Guidolin or Sousa back (if they'd come).
A cheaper option would be Ian Birchnall - took over from Potter at Östersunds and started well but the team didn't do well as their bonkers owners' scrapped to keep the club alive and himself out of clink!
or not as cheap but very good Allan Kuhn.
(I like Swedish football).

Badlands said:
We are going nowhere with Cooper.
Better to cut him lose now.
I'd have Guidolin or Sousa back (if they'd come).
A cheaper option would be Ian Birchnall - took over from Potter at Östersunds and started well but the team didn't do well as their bonkers owners' scrapped to keep the club alive and himself out of clink!
or not as cheap but very good Allan Kuhn.
(I like Swedish football).

Can you understand why some see Cooper a doing a great job.I think the pundits say it out of ignorance .
Our league position is misleading.We are nowhere near being the 8th best in the league.We have lost to the most abject of teams in a poor division.

Why not Joey Barton. A piece of filth that would divide people but we would be motivated and hungry if nothing else. I personally would not want anything to do with this scumbag but he would do a job and would upset many including our own.

Sousa,for me,our most underated manager by far. He's in Bordeaux and being Portuguese ,will be appreciating the local Pomerol or Margaux ,as we speak.

2024/2025 fixture list release

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back