• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

FAO dicky and lifey

monmouth

Roger Freestone
Reaction score
I'm in the harbour master in aberaeron. I'd forgotten how much I love West Wales. Going to have a walk around Newquay and Aberystwyth later. Any secret gems we should see around here while we are here?

The Hive restaurant and the Celtic in Aberaeron is supposedly very good.
The Lime crab in Newquay is a great fish restaurant and the Wellington good for a drink.
Aberystwyth and its outskirts is getting very busy.
Glengower a nice hotel for food or drink.
Nearby Borth, Bow Street and Rhydypennau have some decent pubs for food as well.
Enjoy your day👍

The Glengower Hotel is along the seafront at Aber just along from Ceri Hall where I stayed 88-89. In those days it was a bit of a dump, and when I stayed there for a mates stag doo in 2000, it hadn't changed. It always has had its brilliant location though, and somebody has obviously noticed that and completely refurbished the place so that it is now no2 or no3 in that best pubs in Wales list that was on here last week. A lovely spot indeed for a cold one.

If you're ever able to stay overnight in Aber, I would heartily recommend Rummers bar at the bottom of Bridge St, by the Rheidol bridge, for a good night out often with decent live music.

monmouth said:
I'm in the harbour master in aberaeron. I'd forgotten how much I love West Wales. Going to have a walk around Newquay and Aberystwyth later. Any secret gems we should see around here while we are here?

Very nice Monny, ain't stayed there, but stayed next door at the Pen Cei, sad to see that its now closed and for sale :(
http://www.pen-cei-guest-house.co.uk/

dickythorpe said:
The Hive restaurant and the Celtic in Aberaeron is supposedly very good.
The Lime crab in Newquay is a great fish restaurant and the Wellington good for a drink.
Aberystwyth and its outskirts is getting very busy.
Glengower a nice hotel for food or drink.
Nearby Borth, Bow Street and Rhydypennau have some decent pubs for food as well.
Enjoy your day👍

The Cellar Restaurant down under the Chip shop on the Harbour used to be excellent, not cheap, but cracking food.

monmouth said:

Apologies for the late reply M, not over familiar with the Aberystwyth and Aberaeron pub and restaurant situation, more used to further South along the coast to the St David’s and Solva areas.

Second pub down the hill in New Quay has a lovely beer garden and a cracking view.
Lovely Guinness and fresh food.
Lovely beach too.
Aberaeron is lovely, lots of bars and restaurants, but beach is stoney and disappointing

STID2017 said:
Second pub down the hill in New Quay has a lovely beer garden and a cracking view.
Lovely beach too.
Aberaeron is lovely, lots of bars and restaurants, but beach is stoney and disappointing

There's lovely 😍

Swanjaxs said:
STID2017 said:
Lovely beach too.

There's lovely 😍

😁😁 Yes bit of overkill on the "lovely" bit there

Thanks all. We had a lovely, lovely time. It was lovely.

Have you ever been to Clovelly ?

I've heard it's quite nice

I'm a little off beam here as you are discussing good food on the coast... but I would like to add that the food in the Cawdor Hotel in Lllandeilo is rather nice.

Edit, as my typing skills are as bad as my thinking skills. :oops: Yes, it was not "god food" :)

2024/2025 fixture list release

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back