• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

FA CUP Replays

There a lot of whinging about this but let’s be honest, replays are a pain in the arse for most clubs and not just the Prem ones. Apart from the odd “magic of the cup” tie which are rarer than we all think, they usually play out before half empty stadiums with apathetic crowds.
It's a fair(ish) point, however the non league clubs and lower league clubs rely on these sort of ties.

It's a fair(ish) point, however the non league clubs and lower league clubs rely on these sort of ties.
The FA Cup and replays are a life line to a lot of clubs outside of the top division. If fixture pile ups are an issue for the "elite" clubs, they need to manage their squads better.

I'm not really against scrapping replays although I have enjoyed them down the years and understand people being p*ssed off with it.

My main gripe with the FA cup is the semis being at Wembley...and I think ALL clubs should be in the round 1 pot, including PL and Championship.

I agree and they’ve been some of our best memories. But at a guess I’d say well over 90% of replays go mostly unnoticed.

I do see where you are coming from.

We should also remember that when the FA Cup comes around most sides (in the top two divisions anyway) play a weakened side and most games (replays or not) are played in front of half empty stadiums.

I kind of get the point of no replays in the 1st and 2nd round as often that will mean financial pressure (not glory) for the clubs that are competing at that stage of the competition.

As football has changed (post PL era) in the FA Cup, this season will be the 32nd final. Assuming Man Utd win today then only 4 times (Everton, Portsmouth, Wigan and Leicester) has the FA Cup gone to anyone outside the "Big 5" of

Arsenal (9)
Liverpool (4)
Man Utd (5)
Man City (3)
Chelsea (7)

And in three of those instances (Everton beat Man Utd, Wigan beat Man City, Leicester beat Chelsea) the runner up was one of the big 5

The whole situation has been badly handled but how many times have even we said "the last thing we need is a replay" or "let's concentrate on the league"

Swansea City v Millwall

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back