• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

FA CUP Replays

Musiquarium

Youth Team Apprentice
Reaction score
Surprised at the lack of comments on today's FA Cup news. No more replays from 1st Round. Is it because the younger fans do not appreciate the traditions? For us oldies the FA Cup Final was the only game shown live on television.
Today's saturation coverage of football probably devalues it. As someone who does not watch UCL games I am probably a dinosaur in most posters eyes but " Don't it always seem to go that you don't know what you've got till it's gone"

The game is moving further and further away from supporters by the day. The money earn't from replays by some smaller clubs have kept them afloat over the years, even built new stands in their stadiums.

Beating West Ham at the Vetch all those years ago is one of my favourites games along with the trip to the old Boleyn Ground.

Last edited:
I have noticed that Thomas Frank Brentford coach is quite happy to scrap replays. Not being British he forgets where Brentford came from.
It's only the big 6 clubs that are practically assured survival in the EPL

Disgraceful. Football existed before 1992. It's come to the point where I'd rather watch Hitchin Town, Wealdstone, Chesham and the likes rather than the pro game

There a lot of whinging about this but let’s be honest, replays are a pain in the arse for most clubs and not just the Prem ones. Apart from the odd “magic of the cup” tie which are rarer than we all think, they usually play out before half empty stadiums with apathetic crowds.

Surprised at the lack of comments on today's FA Cup news. No more replays from 1st Round. Is it because the younger fans do not appreciate the traditions? For us oldies the FA Cup Final was the only game shown live on television.
Today's saturation coverage of football probably devalues it. As someone who does not watch UCL games I am probably a dinosaur in most posters eyes but " Don't it always seem to go that you don't know what you've got till it's gone"
Unnecessary change, which totally disrespects the history of the FA Cup.

There a lot of whinging about this but let’s be honest, replays are a pain in the arse for most clubs and not just the Prem ones. Apart from the odd “magic of the cup” tie which are rarer than we all think, they usually play out before half empty stadiums with apathetic crowds.
Maybe yes, but when that one comes along? It gives memories

You're missing the point, think of the so called minnows drawing the first game away and then getting to replay them on their own turf or even playing the replay away and reaping the financial rewards that it all brings to those smaller clubs.

The game is moving further and further away from supporters by the day. The money earn't from replays by some smaller clubs have kept them afloat over the year, even built new stands in their stadiums.

Beating West Ham at the Vetch all those years ago is one of my favourites games along with the trip to the old Boleyn Ground.
This all day everyday and twice on Sunday.

You're missing the point, think of the so called minnows drawing the first game away and then getting to replay them on their own turf or even playing the replay away and reaping the financial rewards that it all brings to those smaller clubs.
All the romance of these type of scenarios is gone, along with playing the semi final at Wembley. The thrill of getting to the final was also playing at Wembley.

All the romance of these type of scenarios is gone, along with playing the semi final at Wembley. The thrill of getting to the final was also playing at Wembley.
To announce this change on the eve of the FA cup semi finals, shows no sense of self of awareness or respect for the completion the political ladder climbers in sport are ruining the game, no wonder a genuine football man like Trevor Birch is up in arms about it.

Go get em Trev!

To announce this change on the eve of the FA cup semi finals, shows no sense of self of awareness or respect for the completion the political ladder climbers in sport are ruining the game, no wonder a genuine football man like Trevor Birch is up in arms about it.

Go get em Trev!
Quite simply the people in power couldn't give a flying feck about the supporter.

Their money comes from elsewhere, the typical corporate whore who will dance to the tune of those willing to pay the most.

Maybe yes, but when that one comes along? It gives memories
I agree and they’ve been some of our best memories. But at a guess I’d say well over 90% of replays go mostly unnoticed.

A great chance for lesser clubs to knock a higher ranked team out on the day and make more money by going through to the next round.

Don't get the moaning, although I think a 'pay for no replay' model would work just as well, if the higher team doesn't want to play a replay then pay the difference of whatever the opposition would get in that scenario

Swansea City v Millwall

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back