• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

England and the UK

jack_lord

Alan Waddle
Reaction score
One thing that really does irk me is the infuriating habit of conflating England and the UK. Also, when I am on holiday the times I hear "back in England" makes me want to scream.
What can be done apart from me wearing earplugs?

You need to get out more, mate if that's all you've got to worry about!😉

I remember rocking up to my first day in a new job, standing up in front of fifty Yanks and nervously introducing myself as being from "Wales, England". FFS.

Squarebear said:
I remember rocking up to my first day in a new job, standing up in front of fifty Yanks and nervously introducing myself as being from "Wales, England". FFS.

I’ve spent a fair bit of time in the United States. I’ve often been asked if I’m English and I now reply “are you Canadian?”. Some seem quite offended by that to which I say “you started it”.

J_B said:
I’ve spent a fair bit of time in the United States. I’ve often been asked if I’m English and I now reply “are you Canadian?”. Some seem quite offended by that to which I say “you started it”.

They'd probably be even more offended if you asked "Are you Mexican?" :lol: :lol: :lol:

J_B said:

I do pretty much the same when in the US. :D

Tried that once in Greenland. When a local tried to correct me by saying that England is all of Britain, I responded by asking the local if he was Norwegian. Never again, I was lucky not to get harpooned.

2024/2025 fixture list release

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back