• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Early Doors, BBC4 10.55pm tonight

exiledclaseboy

Staff member
Reaction score
One of my favourite sitcoms of all time gets its first BBC repeat in about 15 years tonight. Definitely one of the most underrated shows of the last 50 years, it’s a work of art. Criminal that it only got two series.

Get it watched. You know it makes sense.

Saw it on twitter, superb underrated programme!

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2023/jan/06/the-guardian-view-on-working-class-comedy-welcome-back-early-doors

exiledclaseboy said:
One of my favourite sitcoms of all time gets its first BBC repeat in about 15 years tonight. Definitely one of the most underrated shows of the last 50 years, it’s a work of art. Criminal that it only got two series.

I concur wholeheartedly.

Talking of doors I really like Two Doors Down as well.

J_B said:
I concur wholeheartedly.

Talking of doors I really like Two Doors Down as well.

I’ve never seen that one. I’ll give it a go.

I shall be watching. Cannot believe I've never heard of it...Ta for the heads up..

It was one of my favourites but I'm slightly concerned it won't be all that.

Spaced (which I bloody loved) and Red Dwarf were woeful when I rewatched them. I'd hate ED to go the same way.

Squarebear said:

Spaced (which I bloody loved) and Red Dwarf were woeful when I rewatched them. I'd hate ED to go the same way.

The humour hasn’t dated but the setting has. Not many of those types of pubs left now and of course it was filmed before the smoking ban.

exiledclaseboy said:
The humour hasn’t dated but the setting has. Not many of those types of pubs left now and of course it was filmed before the smoking ban.

Correct me if I'm wrong, you're a smoker...how do you find the smoking ban after all these years?

DJack said:
Correct me if I'm wrong, you're a smoker...how do you find the smoking ban after all these years?

Never bothered me really. It was strange at first going outside for a smoke when you’re in a pub but everyone soon got used to it. Even as a smoker I still find it strange that it took so long to ban it in public places.

Squarebear said:

I ferking love Spaced, but haven't rewatched in quite a few years. Probably won't now for fear of feeling the same as you!

exiledclaseboy said:

Never heard Whitney Houston sing that bad :lol:

exiledclaseboy said:
Brilliant. Timeless.

Watched some it up until Ken was talking about a trip out on a beano, I give up after that and went to bed :lol:

Its watchable and that's about it for me.

JackSomething said:
I ferking love Spaced, but haven't rewatched in quite a few years. Probably won't now for fear of feeling the same as you!

I've rewatched Spaced and found it still funny as fk.....also really liked Early Doors, and will definitely watch both series....by DVD or by some other, 'ahem', dodgy method.....

2024/2025 fixture list release

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back