• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Contract option taken for Liam Cullen

No brainer, he’s probably on peanuts, but if we could agree a longer deal slightly more wages and if he’s happy to accept a squad role then do it.

May not be the most technically gifted player in the squad, can't fault his commitment and passion for the club.

He'll chip in with his fair share of goals, glad he's staying for at least another season.

Definitely worth the contract extension - worth having in the squad but wouldnt want to rely on him to lead the line every week

Not good enough for anything but bench…assuming we ever have anyone any good up top.

Oh, just read it. So not a new contract. Same 'low' wage he's been on, like they've done on Dead Wood. Like Wood, this is just a ploy to get a fee for him then, as he either won't be happy with not getting an improved offer or, if we want to make him a new offer because he comes good he'll want twice as much. Doesn't this show clearly the club, and Williams? doesn't believe he has much of a future?

Beggars can't be choosers, I'd have him starting every day of the week and twice on Sundays ahead of Eddie...

Cullen is great at instinctive finishes where he doesn't have time to second guess himself, has reasonable movement and positional awareness (but not great), good distribution to bring others into play but lacks pace and physical strength.

He has had a reasonable season in what could probably be called his breakout year after a couple of seasons as a bit part sub where he had to (understandably) play second fiddle to Joel Piroe. This year though he has taken advantage of the poor mesh between our style of play and that of Yates to get to the top of the pecking order.

A contract extension is a reasonable reward for him especially as he would have been out of contract in the summer. Will he kick on in 24/25 if we show faith in him as our main man? I feel like he currently is a 10-15 goals a season striker but has quite a ways to go to become a 20+ goal man.

One squad berth tied down, good news.
However we need an upgrade option.

I like Cullen, he has a place in the squad but at 25 he isn't someone who is one of the first names in the starting 11.
If I was the Manager, I would have him 3rd choice striker and the back up no 10.

Next 12 months is make or break for him on the pitch.

It would cost a fortune to replace him. They should have given him a new contract on better terms, he deserves it.

Start of Euro 2024

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back