• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Book Club

Neath_Jack

Alan Curtis
Reaction score
Holiday season is nearly upon us, anyone got any recommendations for a good read?

The Hilary Mantel trilogy about Henry VIll's right hand man and fixer Thomas Cromwell, two of which won the Booker Prize and the third should have.
Fabulous writing, brilliant story telling. Wolf Hall, Bring Up the Bodies, the Mirror and the Light.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/164346147961?chn=ps&_trkparms=ispr%3D1&amdata=enc%3A1GrGxxxhmQZOjlubHlDsAkg53&norover=1&mkevt=1&mkrid=710-134428-41853-0&mkcid=2&mkscid=101&itemid=164346147961&targetid=1647205089800&device=m&mktype=pla&googleloc=1007460&poi=&campaignid=17206177401&mkgroupid=136851690655&rlsatarget=pla-1647205089800&abcId=9300866&merchantid=7388394&gclid=CjwKCAjwo7iiBhAEEiwAsIxQEUcc4uGE0zGcDkCCkrc_fUuEfzAlWNxVveLZfSL8ssGtWC8d8iLGtxoCNIgQAvD_BwE

It all depends on what you like. Maybe Tolkien might be your thing. Michael Connelly’s Bosch series are excellent as are John Grisham’s lawyer series. I can recommend all the above.

Muteswan said:
It all depends on what you like. Maybe Tolkien might be your thing. Michael Connelly’s Bosch series are excellent as are John Grisham’s lawyer series. I can recommend all the above.

Can’t beat a John Grisham. Formulaic but superbly entertaining potboilers.

I’m off on my jollies next week so will be watching this thread with interest.

Muteswan said:

Strictly non-fiction for me butty.

Been going through Luke Smitherd’s science fiction books recently. Some bonkers ones, very enjoyable. The Stone Man is a good place to start.

JackSomething said:
Any interest in history books? Read a few decent ones over the last couple of years.

I've only read military history. I've got 'Empire of the Summer Moon: Quanah Parker and the Rise and Fall of the Comanches, the Most Powerful Indian Tribe in American History' in my sights, but thinking it may be a bit heavy for my liking.

What you recommending?

Neath_Jack said:
I've only read military history. I've got 'Empire of the Summer Moon: Quanah Parker and the Rise and Fall of the Comanches, the Most Powerful Indian Tribe in American History' in my sights, but thinking it may be a bit heavy for my liking.

What you recommending?

Homage to Catalonia, Orwell

2024/2025 fixture list release

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back