• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

BBC Wales Parallel Universe

Dillwyn the Dog

First Team Player
Reaction score
Puzzled as I was yesterday unsuccessfully trying to find the Derby on Wales on line’s main news feed I thought I’d try my luck on Radio Wales sports bulletin on my way to work earlier this morning.

In that time there were 2 sports bulletins - talking about Gatland and Wales’ failure in this six nations and a nice piece on the FA Cup semifinals but no mention of the “real event” of the weekend - Swansea vs Cardiff in the South Wales Derby .

I was surprised as the build up to the game had featured heavily on the station, with a preview of the match for a good hour given to it on Friday evening. They even brought in Owain Tudor Jones and Jason Perry to give their predictions.
Even the female newsreader was chirping her opinions bit you’d swear listening to this morning’s “flagship news programme” that the game dint actually take place.

If this is their sports producer’s decision to try to block out the game - where does that leave objective journalism on what is widely considered the National Radio Station of Wales?
As licence payers shouldn’t we be entitled to hear reports of our teams’ games?

Imagine a BBC sports executive who just happened to be a Spurs fan suppressing a match report just because they were beaten by Manchester United? They aren’t that small minded but what does this say about Wales in general? Really poor from BBC Wales.

Puzzled as I was yesterday unsuccessfully trying to find the Derby on Wales on line’s main news feed I thought I’d try my luck on Radio Wales sports bulletin on my way to work earlier this morning.

In that time there were 2 sports bulletins - talking about Gatland and Wales’ failure in this six nations and a nice piece on the FA Cup semifinals but no mention of the “real event” of the weekend - Swansea vs Cardiff in the South Wales Derby .

I was surprised as the build up to the game had featured heavily on the station, with a preview of the match for a good hour given to it on Friday evening. They even brought in Owain Tudor Jones and Jason Perry to give their predictions.
Even the female newsreader was chirping her opinions bit you’d swear listening to this morning’s “flagship news programme” that the game dint actually take place.

If this is their sports producer’s decision to try to block out the game - where does that leave objective journalism on what is widely considered the National Radio Station of Wales?
As licence payers shouldn’t we be entitled to hear reports of our teams’ games?

Imagine a BBC sports executive who just happened to be a Spurs fan suppressing a match report just because they were beaten by Manchester United? They aren’t that small minded but what does this say about Wales in general? Really poor from BBC Wales.

It's nothing new though is it, been going on for years. Cardiff Taffia run BBC Wales. We're never going to get a fair crack of the whip.

Another example of that is how for 70-80 years the media would have you believe rugby is the "national sport" when on any reasonable measure (crowds, participation, merchandise sales) it is football, and always has been.

Just goes to show how powerful the media are in general - they set narratives and the news agenda all the time. It doesn't always reflect real life. You only ever get what they want you to see or hear. That's how it works.

It's nothing new though is it, been going on for years. Cardiff Taffia run BBC Wales. We're never going to get a fair crack of the whip.

Another example of that is how for 70-80 years the media would have you believe rugby is the "national sport" when on any reasonable measure (crowds, participation, merchandise sales) it is football, and always has been.

Just goes to show how powerful the media are in general - they set narratives and the news agenda all the time. It doesn't always reflect real life. You only ever get what they want you to see or hear. That's how it works.
The fourth estate is no where near as powerful as what is was even 15 years ago. The spread of internet and social media shows this, it's why the BBC is leaking license payers and powerless to stop it.

It is mate, they've just expanded into other areas like Facebook, Twitter and so on. Not to mention channels like GB News which are basically unregulated propaganda mouthpieces. They've diversified, that's all.

Bluebird Broadcasting Corporation...
True but can you imagine this happening even In Scotland or Northern Ireland? It’s embarrassing for this nation to have a form of censorship over a football result. What an image to project

Just emailed this to feedback.wales@bbc.co.uk

Just thought I'd drop you a line about your Cardiff City bias YET AGAIN after finding no mention of Cardiff City's humiliating drubbing at the hands of the Swans last Saturday on any BBC Wales news outlet, despite it being the biggest Welsh football story of the weekend, as if we were living in a parallel universe and the match hadn't taken place.

Us Jacks know your sports department is run by sad acts who support Cardiff and who simply can't acknowledge any defeat for the Bluebirds at the hands of their rivals.

We know it, and we find it UTTERLY HILARIOUS, so please keep pretending your beatings haven't happened, we find it highly amusing!

SWANSEA TILL I DIE.

regards
Mike Thomas
Alicante
SPAIN.

Just thought I'd drop you a line about your Cardiff City bias YET AGAIN after finding no mention of Cardiff City's humiliating drubbing at the hands of the Swans last Saturday on any BBC Wales news outlet, despite it being the biggest Welsh football story of the weekend, as if we were living in a parallel universe and the match hadn't taken place.

Us Jacks know your sports department is run by sad acts who support Cardiff and who simply can't acknowledge any defeat for the Bluebirds at the hands of their rivals.

We know it, and we find it UTTERLY HILARIOUS, so please keep pretending your beatings haven't happened, we find it highly amusing!

SWANSEA TILL I DIE.

regards
Mike Thomas
Alicante
SPAIN.
Please don't tell me you did this

And , on another note what does this do for the “together” thing that

SWANSEA TILL I DIE.

regards
Mike Thomas
Alicante
SPAIN.
Outstanding work! Good for them to know that we know 😉. Petition next just to rattle them a bit more I reckon.

The other not so obvious point is that they were calling for “together stronger” at Wales games which did reap dividends for fan unity at the Euros. This sort of thing just puts that process back to square one. Hypocrites

2024/2025 fixture list release

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back