• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Any B&Bs that you can recommend?

• Thread starter Glyn1
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 10
  • Views: Views 522

Glyn1

Tommy Hutchison
Reaction score
I know that this isn't Trip Advisor, but can you recommend any decent B&Bs or small family hotels in Swansea / Gower. I'm coming down this weekend (Fri - Mon) and haven't been back for a while except for day trips to home matches. Thanks in advance for any replies, even joking ones.

Glyn1 said:
I know that this isn't Trip Advisor, but can you recommend any decent B&Bs or small family hotels in Swansea / Gower. I'm coming down this weekend (Fri - Mon) and haven't been back for a while except for day trips to home matches. Thanks in advance for any replies, even joking ones.

Have you looked on Trip Advisor or Booking.com?

You need to decide on one area and go from there.

stevethejack said:
Dolphin is central and £70 per night.

B&B he's after or prefers I think, if its a Hotel type accommodation he wants and he Swansea, he won't go wrong stopping at the Village or the Premier Inn on the Marina, that would be my choice rather than the Dolphin personally.

Thanks all, I'm happy with a hotel, and will look into those three. Cheers.

Glyn1 said:
Thanks all, I'm happy with a hotel, and will look into those three. Cheers.

Have a look at air b n b. Always a bargain lurking there.

Niigata Jack said:
B&B he's after or prefers I think, if its a Hotel type accommodation he wants and he Swansea, he won't go wrong stopping at the Village or the Premier Inn on the Marina, that would be my choice rather than the Dolphin personally.

Thanks NJ
On your recommendation I've booked the Premier Inn in the Marina.

Glyn1 said:
Thanks NJ
On your recommendation I've booked the Premier Inn in the Marina.

They used to serve decent food in the Beefeater Restaurant on the ground floor, not sure what its like these days though, hope everything suits you there and you have an enjoyable stay.

We stayed at Leonardos on the Oystermouth Road for our visit back in 2021. The rooms were great, TV in both Welsh and English, shower unit and awesome bed, it was real high standard and all for a reasonable cost. Think back then it were like 40 pounds a night and for that price it was something of a steal. I'd highly recommend visitors to the city to check it out. When we go back to Wales again we'll most likely stay at the same place. Just hope the standard remains as good as before.

Main beach is right outside, you can walk across towards Mumbles when the tide is out and you got Blackpill leisure spot about halfway along. Only fault we found, being quite a distance from the main city center, particularly rail station. But if you're looking for accommodation at a reasonable price and a roof for the night, it's a real good option. Highly recommended but be aware you got to bring your own food, they don't provide meals. It's a real good choice if you go for it.

Insolent Minx said:
We stayed at Leonardos on the Oystermouth Road for our visit back in 2021. The rooms were great, TV in both Welsh and English, shower unit and awesome bed, it was real high standard and all for a reasonable cost. Think back then it were like 40 pounds a night and for that price it was something of a steal. I'd highly recommend visitors to the city to check it out. When we go back to Wales again we'll most likely stay at the same place. Just hope the standard remains as good as before.

Main beach is right outside, you can walk across towards Mumbles when the tide is out and you got Blackpill leisure spot about halfway along. Only fault we found, being quite a distance from the main city center, particularly rail station. But if you're looking for accommodation at a reasonable price and a roof for the night, it's a real good option. Highly recommended but be aware you got to bring your own food, they don't provide meals. It's a real good choice if you go for it.

Glad you enjoyed, one question though, what's this walking across to Mumbles when the tide is out? Surely you just mean walking along the beach ? You can't take a shortcut from Oysermouth Road straight as the bird flies across to Mumbles, tide out or not? I don't think the tide goes out that far?

jack123 said:
Glad you enjoyed, one question though, what's this walking across to Mumbles when the tide is out? Surely you just mean walking along the beach ? You can't take a shortcut from Oysermouth Road straight as the bird flies across to Mumbles, tide out or not? I don't think the tide goes out that far?

On spring tides you probably could walk across the beach to maybe the small boat launching slip halfway along from
Oystermouth to Knab Rock, it wouldn't be a pleasant stroll though, it would be very wet and and more than a few sinking points in the soft sand :lol:

2024/2025 fixture list release

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back